New to prepping and looking for local groups

Sue

Re: New to prepping and looking for local groups

Post by Sue »

Hi, Melinder. Yes, we are going to try to get a few to carpool to attend the Truro meet in April.

Hope for tomorrow; Learn from yesterday; Live for today.
Sue

Post by Sue »

PadenFull wrote:Thank you all for the quick replies. Sue, would very much like to attend the pot luck.
Great, PadenFull! Can you receive PM's through the forum yet?
Sue

Post by Sue »

Glockman1 wrote:I'm not sure I can make it yet, but I am definitely interested. Thank you for the offer. By the list of topics, you guys sound hardcore. I look forward to meeting and sharing ideas/knowledge.
GM1
GM1, Holistic and I are just getting our group under way, and like everyone else here we are looking forward to meeting more preppers. Prepping mind set is a different way of thinking so it sure is nice to be able to have a coversation without getting eyeballs rolled at you. :)
Glockman1

Post by Glockman1 »

You are correct. I find it is best left unsaid and to proceed secretively. The more people that know who aren't preppers, the more people who will be begging at your door because they didn't. Only preppers understand.
Chance favours the prepared mind
cernunnos5

Post by cernunnos5 »

Hey everyone. Well, this is growing in leaps and bounds. I may need to find a place bigger than the coffee shop. Just a heads up if I am slow to reply, My internet is down at the moment so I can only check in when in town.
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.
downeastrailfan

Post by downeastrailfan »

A meet and greet would be great, but a workshop would be even better! I'd be willing to pay a few bucks for admission if we need to rent a hall. Anyone interested in giving workshops, or am I getting ahead of myself?
cernunnos5

Post by cernunnos5 »

downeastrailfan wrote:A meet and greet would be great, but a workshop would be even better! I'd be willing to pay a few bucks for admission if we need to rent a hall. Anyone interested in giving workshops, or am I getting ahead of myself?
Well, Its a very good idea but lets leave that for another meeting. I want to keep this one simple. Think of it as a first date. Just a chance to get to know each other. The start of complex social building and networking (prepper love) beggins with a nice safe coffee meet and book sharing. If you dont like your date...there is no need to order the lobster then sneak out through the bathroom window :lol:
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.
guyfawkes

Post by guyfawkes »

Hello
Im in the halifax area and im definitely interested in chatting and meeting other people who are interested in prepardness. Ive been aware of the issues threatening the western world, and globally for quite some time now. ive decided its finally time to do something about it. About me. Im a jack of all trades, master of none. I like stomping about in the woods. Im of the libertarian mindset. I would like to learn more about gardening, food storage, etc. If anyone is interested in chatting about anything, please feel free to msg.
Scott Johnson

Post by Scott Johnson »

Hi Guy

I'm in Eastern Passage. I'm at the research stage of prepping as I've been unemployeed for a while. But once I get a job I'll be at it.

Scott

Return to “Nova Scotia”