Reaching Out To Those That Have A Clue

cernunnos5

Post by cernunnos5 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:56 pm

I suppose this is why we are all here.

I found that this was worth listening to...while doing something else.

Dmitry Orlov on Collapse Café...-

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

reluctantprepper

Re: Reaching Out To Those That Have A Clue

Post by reluctantprepper » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:46 pm

Love the bit about starting a cult, absurd but true!
“Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success.” -- Henry Ford

cernunnos5

Post by cernunnos5 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:41 am

Ya. That's been on my mind a lot the last few years. In my rather strange history, I did work with a group that infiltrated cults to rescue people. Ya, Its weird even to see me put that in print. Its not lost on me, the cult like side of prepping (and prepping has a lot of cults and cult like behavior). What's weird is the need for cohesive groups to have rituals and beliefs that set them apart from...everyone else. The military are masters at this. Religions, the same. (a belief in persecution also helps to unite people which is why it is so often used to manipulate) Its far harder to take an educated group that sees through this propaganda...and give them some useful cohesion building rituals to tie them together...and more important...offer people hope instead of despair. I spend a lot of time making sure there is no "C5 Cult". I always wonder if I should do the complete opposite. Tell a good story to make people want to be that and offer hope over despair.

That's too deep for how I feel today. Sunshine, road trips and happy consumerism.

Freedom65

Post by Freedom65 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:39 am

Are there peppers in the annapolis valley I would like to help. paul

cernunnos5

Post by cernunnos5 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:20 pm

Freedom65 wrote:Are there peppers in the annapolis valley I would like to help. paul
Hey, F65. We do have a family in our group in the Annapolis Valley. Can I suggest you read this about our group. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4352

HaliBoy
Canada

Post by HaliBoy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:10 pm

I think the more you keep the group to common prepping the less cultish people you will attract. Them, "I want to prepare for TEOTWAWKI and do stuff that I can't do now under current laws" You/us, "Well we prepare for a power outage when the lines get coated in ice, we also prepare for periods between jobs until we can find abother job, we prepare to spend a night in the woods until SAR can get us out".
Why did I join Canadian Preppers Network?
Well I was going to join the UK Network but those bloody Brits don't know how to speak proper English! ;-)

grandma
Canada

Post by grandma » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:33 pm

HaliBoy wrote: we prepare to spend a night in the woods until SAR can get us out".
I'm sure you were joking when you said that. ;) But, just a reminder...please don't call us in SAR unless it is a real need; we're all volunteers and many of us take time off work to search.

Return to “Nova Scotia”