Seeking others who know a collapse is coming

Hella Fax

Re: Seeking others who know a collapse is coming

Post by Hella Fax » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:05 am

Goldie wrote:This concept of using land you already have, will hopefully get you a community going. Many people just
don't have the funds to invest in extra land besides where they are currently living and working.
It is also scary wondering if you buy land if you will loose all your investment money.
However people may be more willing to invest in such a community where the land is already
available and it is more their time , efforts, skills, knowledge, hard work,
and of course building supplies and other supplies are needed.

I wish you good fortune in this plan, and hope you keep us informed . It's always good to hear
other community plans and ideas.

Welcome to the forum
Thanks for the support and good wishes, Goldie. And I will definitely be keeping you informed.

Freedom65

Post by Freedom65 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:14 am

Hi hella fax yes we have to get together I have another friend of mine who shares the same questions. Would love to visit your place and see if I can be of service. I live new Minas
Paul

Hella Fax

Post by Hella Fax » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:50 am

Freedom65 wrote:Hi hella fax yes we have to get together I have another friend of mine who shares the same questions. Would love to visit your place and see if I can be of service. I live new Minas
Paul
The visiting of my place is something that won't be happening by anyone for some time, yet. I say this for the same reasons cernunnos5 wants to thoroughly vet people before he lets them know anything about what he's going on: the security of his location, and the people dependent on it. I'm definitely interested in meeting, and developing a relationship with one another, but before I make the commitment of letting someone know where my place is, I want to be completely convinced that sharing this information isn't done on a basis that may in turn pose me, the property, or the people I hope to be dependent on it for their food and security later, risk. This is absolutely impersonal, and I hope you will not take it personally. But I've had so many life-lessons from my own mistakes in placing various kinds of trust in others that, considering the deadly seriousness of the situation we're amidst, this is one instance I am unwilling to take even the slightest risk on.

That being said, I'd be happy to meet up. I'll actually be down your way on the weekend of the 27th/28th, and would be glad to meet up. Meantime, please send me a PM telling me some about yourself (and your friend?) and what's got you interested in prepping. I'll be glad to return the favor.

Lee Enfield
Canada

Post by Lee Enfield » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:55 am

Great post Hella Fax. My eyes were opened when I read Jeremy Legget's The Empty Tank and Jeff Rubin's Why Your World Is About To Get A Whole Lot Smaller.
"A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs 22:3

"The man who has a garden and a library has everything." - Cicero

cernunnos5

Post by cernunnos5 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:38 am

Hay, LE. Great to have you back. I know how we all get really busy from summer till the first snow. What you been up to? Any interesting builds? I haven't read The Empty Tank but will look it up.
I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

Lee Enfield
Canada

Post by Lee Enfield » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Hey Cern,

The Empty Tank was my "holy crap I didn't realize things were this bad," book. Jeff Rubin has written a sequel to his first book and it is also a good read.

As far as the summer goes...well, brighter days ahead.

Time was at a premium but I did manage to help the kids with a couple of youth group projects - a small animal grazing cage and a predator trap. Ribbon winning projects, yes, but I also explained to the kids that both were made to be used for years and they can and will produce food. The cage can be moved across the grass for rabbits or chickens to graze. The "live" predator trap will catch a raccoon or skunk. The predator can be taken away and released or in a starving time, it could be killed and eaten.

As my grandmother would say, "the hard times will come again."
"A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs 22:3

"The man who has a garden and a library has everything." - Cicero

Return to “Nova Scotia”