2019-nCoV

Post emergencies and disaster alerts here.
Clarence
Canada

Re: 2019-nCoV

Post by Clarence » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:29 pm

peppercorn wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:39 pm
Peaks wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:07 pm
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.4854503

“Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced that Canada will be shutting the border to non-Canadian citizens, with the exception of their immediate families, permanent residents, diplomats, air crews, and U.S. citizens at this time.

Anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19 will not be able to enter Canada
What a absolute imbecile, letting Americans in, why don't we all just put a gun to our heads...The one action that needed to be done, if we stood any chance, wasn't done....
[/quote

Our dear leader should have indeed shut down the border to our friends in the US, he also left the Caribbean open! Really dude. Simply amazing how inept we, the US and South America has been. We are surrounded by vast oceans and had we shut all the international travel down in January, we would likely ALL be nowhere near where we are. This is not Monday morning quarterbacking because i stated as much a long time ago. Said same things to family and friends.

Now he could have called the president and said, look, let’s shut it down for both directions. That is a gesture trump would have jumped on and for political purposes would have garnered good press for us. No one from the sites really wants to come here other than for business and that’s nothing to worry about as we have so little, Americans with cottages up here, don’t come until the ice is out in early June! Heck, we canucks may even get a deal on a yanks cottage up here, so a win, win

The longer we keep out two way border open, the greater of us I fectimg them. it will only take maybe two news items of some Canuck carrying it south and then the border is shut by the US and kiss goodbye to lots of the food we sort of need up here and our exports heading south. We pooched it with beef testing years ago and we did the same with steel

Nope, he missed an opportunity and I hope he corrects it before the US does.

We need to think as strategic as possible and leave out piddly feelings.

We still haven’t moved on concrete measures to pay folks out of work. Pogey will not cut it for. Two income family with a mortgage on 4,5,6,700K home, two car payments, food, meds........

Anyways, this isn’t the place to discuss, other then how a financial decline will affect us and things like possible theft. Everyone is all peaceful right now but layoffs are fresh and really yet to come, once one has received their last pay check and laid off people know they will,have to wait weeks before a small pogey check arrives in the mail will be a little tense.

Depending on how this is handled, it could be, we are witnessing a huge societal change.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:35 pm

The bottom still has not been found...https://oilprice.com/oil-price-charts
Demand has fallen away
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:12 pm

farmgal wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:01 pm
Peppercorn.. I honestly believe its just a matter of time.. this is the last big call home for the half million snowbirds.. get your rear's in gear and get back to Canada..

The second part of course is the trucking issue.. but that can be worked around.. they can get passes and so forth.. its coming.. its coming.. but its a start!
I tend to agree. I suspect that within a week (give or take) we will see a complete border closure with the exception of Canadian residents and cargo traffic. Diplomats etc, exempt of course.
Unfortunately all this is way to late. It's here and we have to deal.

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:10 pm

We t to China store to pickup some small things, I would like to have. A number of empty shelves, no large jerry cans left, all gonzo :o

There was a sale on zip lock freezer bags and I loaded up a dozen big boxes. Employee gave me a snarly look and babbled about something along the lines of “why do you need so much, there will be more when you need them.” I responded, well then there’s nothing to worry about then, Is there!

Yep, need to keep our preparations fairly low key,

For city gardeners with folks envious of ones garden, it may be wise to put some form of alarm or warning device that will, should someone hop the fence, to wake you up

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:53 pm

If you're buying them on sale then a good reply would be "I know, but not at this price!"

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:35 pm

The oil price just keeps falling, mid 20s now, gas was 88 cents a liter has been seen at 66 cents a liter now. I think I just may go out and fill up every container I have. Then again I still don't see the bottom on the horizon, maybe I should wait a bit. Here is a interesting article. https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/ ... ell-on-us/

My life goes on pretty much as normal these days, in fact my costs have dropped as I am not driving as much, so my fuel costs are way down. I think its going to be a long time before some type of stable normalcy is going to be found for many people.I do wish I was further along with electric transportation, My electric bike is nice to have for zipping around the local area,but I wish I had a electric motorcycle for the long trip to the big cities.
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:51 am

Denob wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:53 pm
If you're buying them on sale then a good reply would be "I know, but not at this price!"
Had a few other responses but kept them inside. You can see the jealous, mightier then thou look on their mugs. This should get real interesting in the weeks and many, many months to come. Not looking forward to emergency measures act. Likely lead to ratting out neighbors because they drove their car on a day they were not allowed..

Well ladies and gents, it looks like many of the things we were intelligently preparing before will or may come to pass and test us all in ways we only imagined. True shame we are here, but here we are indeed.

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:27 pm

went to renew antivirus from Norton. couldn't sign in, reset password three times and never could get in. on hold for FOUR plus hours now waiting for a live person, their internet chat is down. hilarious and just one more point of failure in millions occurring out there these days. I long since knew and predicted this collapse of tech support would occur. as more people get sick, the odds of the best people coming down with it increase and lord knows we need the good people around helping those who while having a job can hardly breath on their own. So once IT starts to fail, the work from home gig should collapse rapidly, then what will companies due to invoice out, shuffle documents around etc

shortage of work, one million just applied for pogey in one week, bombardier is axeing a few thousand shortly should be fun to see the gov handle that influx. "please hold, due to an unexpected call volume".....

this week will likely see another million join the UI lines.

one can only hope that the malria drug and other mixes, help nix this. the charts showing rapid growth are all coming true, so if it continues, i would expect near complete collapse of health system by the predicted first week of may. I am going with earlier then that date. maybe mid April

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Article of interest.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ump-crisis

https://www.macleans.ca/society/life/es ... of-canada/

I seen gas as low as 64 cents...I will be stocking up come the end of the month. I should check the price of Diesel it might be a good time to stock up on that too.

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:14 pm

Went to do some online investment banking fund transfers and wanted to call help line to get me into where i needed to go quickly. phone line said, sorry there is no service for that number. checked and number was ok, called again, same thing. called five minutes later and got hi welcome to xyz, then a pile of static and click. line went dead.

called bank and of course no human, leave a message, tried a few of the press this for that buttons and even that was all frigged up.
drove to bank and met manager, sorry, you self manage those funds and we can only transfer to them and not from them. call 1800 go static!!!

was on hold with Norton tech support for 6.5 hours yesterday trying to renew annual service. complete breakdown

Return to “Disaster Alert”