2019-nCoV

Post emergencies and disaster alerts here.
farmgal
Canada

Re: 2019-nCoV

Post by farmgal » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:11 am

might be a good idea to make a few of the "homemade ones", I expect that a well made homemade would get the job done in most basic cases and it would not get you the same looks as a "brought kind" would..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

Learner
Canada

Post by Learner » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:43 am

Have made a few masks to have around and for a few friends that are still working at a counter. They do wear them there at the post office. The one friend was wearing an n95 mask at work and had endless questions about where she got it, so better to wear the homemade ones.

We do have the other boughten masks in the med kit, but these ones are washable and figure they would do in a pinch.

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:38 pm

Second update to below statement about the useless WHO and all the others who say a mask should only be worn by nurses etc.
Now let’s pause and remember all the BS these clowns have told us. Remember, wash hands, cough into sleeve.. my children were taught to wash their hands, thanks Einstein, we got it. Watch and have a good laugh at the hypocrisy.

Now for some pure fun watch around the 3:00. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu3lm0W6saU

Not only will we see the great WHO contradict what they tell us, but mercy me, it’s a fellow Canadian WITH A MASK on his mug. I don’t see him triaging, operating on, drawing blood, or even filling in one more dumb form from anyone. He’s in a press room talking to a camera with a mask on''!!!!!!! WOW, nice going there doctor, what are you afraid of? The other doctors, press and fellow China kowtowing toadies in the WHO entourage of experts? No need to wear a mask there chief, just wash your hands and your good to go. At that point they weren’t even putting out the inadequate two meter distance BS statement so another reason he didn't need it. He cant claim it was to protect others because if he knew he was sick, he wold be isolated! besides the others in the room didnt need to worry, so long as they washed their hands, they too were good to go!

UPDATE TO BELOW POST.
Now here’s a government that has their head screwed on straight and is telling and acting on the truth. Wear a mask while shopping!!! Guessing they didn’t have their head in a warm location and had the brains to actually listen to their security based folks and have an inventory for things some of us discussed twenty years ago!!! Hey prime minister, health canada... are ya listening you knobs! Shut your face with dumb happy happy talk and drama queen voice and get some company in canada to start producing masks this week. Move your ar$e!

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/0 ... ermarkets/

Bottom link is extremely important

Here’s an example from the a$$hats at CDC and no doubt our great wizards of useless info here in canada. They are still saying N95 masks are not needed , BUT to maybe cover your face! Guessing the experts are getting pushback from common folk who have more brains then the experts!

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-considering- ... 58880.html

After years of investigations, I developed a little saying i used to enjoy playing In my head when interviewing a person. Your either lying to me or incompetent. If your in a room with people who are in charge of great resources or have serious responsibilities and things like the mask or supply issues are being discussed, the people who obviously dropped the ball and is the reason your there, must provide answers. When they are asked questions and start to slither around on the response, it soon becomes evident which category they fall into.

Now hears a HUGE truth that again, these morons or liars are propagating to hide the truth and subsequently, the death of thousands. Two key points from the folks at MIT.

1 the truth about the social distancing and the lie about two meters!!!

2. The issue about the virus hanging in the air for hours!!!

So the fairy tale being told about six feet and just wash your hand is complete garbage. In a court of law and with a fair judge, it would be interesting to see if Criminal manslaughter charges couldn’t be applied.

I knew about this distance stuff back in 2003 time frame. Learnt of it from actual professionals while learning about various threats

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2763852

So please no more posts about us needing to listen to the clowns at the WHO, cdc, health canada or some doctor working for the government. The doctors I listened to, worked for alphabet agencies and knew their stuff.

The above is a tiny smidgen of the truths on how grossly incompetent our supposed leaders and institutions are. Some great people out there and I have had the pleasure and honor of working with many, but sadly, they must remain in the shadows and are like myself unable to fully speak the truths and must use when it becomes public, open source material like the above to highlight the obvious truths.

What is sorely missing here is honest and blunt conversations to the public. An example was the childish statement about school being shut down for two weeks. Come on dude, you know theres not a snowballs chance in hell it should reopen before the fall. The stupidity of allowing foreigners in our borders, when we had a golden and brief moment to shut it down tight, self quarantine for canucks returning from abroad, when they should have all been forced into quarantine under supervision, not for two weeks but a month. We know two weeks doesn’t catch all of it, so get serious. Doing things right, does not mean being mean and under harsh conditions. It simply means being proactive and doing what is needed so one can get on with life. Denying reality has not nor will it ever work.

Thankfully, many on this site have been preparing for some form or another of independence and I am betting we are all glad we didn’t listen to the dribble about three days. Peppercorn or Heli mentioned the usual spring floods or fires, so while dealing with one more Chinese virus, let’s not forget these little things. Stay safe, be aware of the lies and propaganda or happy talk, use ones logical side of the brain and carry on knowing your heart and mind is in the right spot and not living or propagating a lie to cover up for incompetence

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:51 pm

Clarence wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:38 pm
Second update to below statement about the useless WHO and all the others who say a mask should only be worn by nurses etc.
Now let’s pause and remember all the BS these clowns have told us. Remember, wash hands, cough into sleeve.. my children were taught to wash their hands, thanks Einstein, we got it. Watch and have a good laugh at the hypocrisy.

Now for some pure fun watch around the 3:00. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu3lm0W6saU

Not only will we see the great WHO contradict what they tell us, but mercy me, it’s a fellow Canadian WITH A MASK on his mug. I don’t see him triaging, operating on, drawing blood, or even filling in one more dumb form from anyone. He’s in a press room talking to a camera with a mask on''!!!!!!! WOW, nice going there doctor, what are you afraid of? The other doctors, press and fellow China kowtowing toadies in the WHO entourage of experts? No need to wear a mask there chief, just wash your hands and your good to go. At that point they weren’t even putting out the inadequate two meter distance BS statement so another reason he didn't need it. He cant claim it was to protect others because if he knew he was sick, he wold be isolated! besides the others in the room didnt need to worry, so long as they washed their hands, they too were good to go!

UPDATE TO BELOW POST.
Now here’s a government that has their head screwed on straight and is telling and acting on the truth. Wear a mask while shopping!!! Guessing they didn’t have their head in a warm location and had the brains to actually listen to their security based folks and have an inventory for things some of us discussed twenty years ago!!! Hey prime minister, health canada... are ya listening you knobs! Shut your face with dumb happy happy talk and drama queen voice and get some company in canada to start producing masks this week. Move your ar$e!

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/0 ... ermarkets/

Bottom link is extremely important

Here’s an example from the a$$hats at CDC and no doubt our great wizards of useless info here in canada. They are still saying N95 masks are not needed , BUT to maybe cover your face! Guessing the experts are getting pushback from common folk who have more brains then the experts!

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-considering- ... 58880.html

After years of investigations, I developed a little saying i used to enjoy playing In my head when interviewing a person. Your either lying to me or incompetent. If your in a room with people who are in charge of great resources or have serious responsibilities and things like the mask or supply issues are being discussed, the people who obviously dropped the ball and is the reason your there, must provide answers. When they are asked questions and start to slither around on the response, it soon becomes evident which category they fall into.

Now hears a HUGE truth that again, these morons or liars are propagating to hide the truth and subsequently, the death of thousands. Two key points from the folks at MIT.

1 the truth about the social distancing and the lie about two meters!!!

2. The issue about the virus hanging in the air for hours!!!

So the fairy tale being told about six feet and just wash your hand is complete garbage. In a court of law and with a fair judge, it would be interesting to see if Criminal manslaughter charges couldn’t be applied.

I knew about this distance stuff back in 2003 time frame. Learnt of it from actual professionals while learning about various threats

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2763852

So please no more posts about us needing to listen to the clowns at the WHO, cdc, health canada or some doctor working for the government. The doctors I listened to, worked for alphabet agencies and knew their stuff.

The above is a tiny smidgen of the truths on how grossly incompetent our supposed leaders and institutions are. Some great people out there and I have had the pleasure and honor of working with many, but sadly, they must remain in the shadows and are like myself unable to fully speak the truths and must use when it becomes public, open source material like the above to highlight the obvious truths.

What is sorely missing here is honest and blunt conversations to the public. An example was the childish statement about school being shut down for two weeks. Come on dude, you know theres not a snowballs chance in hell it should reopen before the fall. The stupidity of allowing foreigners in our borders, when we had a golden and brief moment to shut it down tight, self quarantine for canucks returning from abroad, when they should have all been forced into quarantine under supervision, not for two weeks but a month. We know two weeks doesn’t catch all of it, so get serious. Doing things right, does not mean being mean and under harsh conditions. It simply means being proactive and doing what is needed so one can get on with life. Denying reality has not nor will it ever work.

Thankfully, many on this site have been preparing for some form or another of independence and I am betting we are all glad we didn’t listen to the dribble about three days. Peppercorn or Heli mentioned the usual spring floods or fires, so while dealing with one more Chinese virus, let’s not forget these little things. Stay safe, be aware of the lies and propaganda or happy talk, use ones logical side of the brain and carry on knowing your heart and mind is in the right spot and not living or propagating a lie to cover up for incompetence
Great information, but let's try to keep the political views out of it. I'm sure you can find a way to present the information without the politics.

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:22 pm

Denob wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:51 pm
Clarence wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:38 pm

Great information, but let's try to keep the political views out of it. I'm sure you can find a way to present the information without the politics.
Denob. in the true sense, I have to say there is zero politics in my statements. Does it hit politicians or other departmental leaders, yes indeed it does. The level of stupidity, lies, hypocrisy, incompetence etc transcend all political parties and is intended to reinforce the fact that people had best be prepared both with beans, power, water and all the kit, chickens. Etc as well as the knowledge they need and will need to make sound decisions and help protect their lifestyles.

The very reason many people prepare and must prepare, is due to the incompetence of what we have in leadership or the lack thereof. I couldn’t give a fig if it’s a liberal, conservative, NDP or flying yogi idiot that is failing in their duties and even worse, lying to us. A pox on all of their houses.

We prepare for normal storms and that is intelligent and we must also understand that the false statements we see being trotted out by the politically appointed talking heads from the WHO, CDC..... must be flagged and noted for in most part what they are and that is cover for the incompetence of their bosses and to buy them time or cover for their failures.

Based on my experience in “security” related fields, I have learnt the best thing one can do to stay alive or find the truth is to read, listen and analyze what one is being told and to drill down on or react to what is in front of you. Be it a stupid statement from a government official, a company, your neighbor or the dark clouds way off in the distance that tell you to go cover your garden up, it matters not. The important thing is we all learn how to “read” a situation and try and avoid being a victim of it. Political in nature or that snow cloud, fire and wind event or looking at old trees to see the high water mark before you buy that homestead by the river. If the real estate agent keeps pointing you in the direction of the nice shoreline and away from the trees with that funny dark band three feet up the trunk, it’s a clue they are concealing something!

Right now, people on this board are either well seasoned in being prepared or perhaps just starting out. We all see and hear the news and in great part are being lied to about the reason why we are where we are or what is coming. I know what will come if things keep getting worse, just like I knew we would be experiencing what we are with what has occurred. None of the reactions, shortfalls in supplies, unemployment impacts... are or were unknown to some folks. All has long since be analyzed, predicted and written down or discussed. Just read the open source info on reports being given to leaders for past two decades and one sees “political “ decisions from all parties being responsible for our pathetic levels of readiness. It’s a fact and further truths on what may come are also known by some.
So, sadly politics or political decisions does indeed impact us and I feel we need to understand the dynamics. The political decision to tell people that masks for the public are not needed is a prime example. The talking head PR types who said they are not needed are endangering lives and need to be called out on it. If that appears political to some and is hard to accept, then so more it be!

If we do not understand the importance of prepping, then it looks like just some crazy folks imagining things, but when we not only see the immediate effect of a virus but the reasons why we or loved ones may die from it, we may learn to pay special attention and question what we are being told. By learning not only how to store food but be able to “read” what is a truth or a lie, we may also be able to better survive.
As one who has advised private and public sector clients on threats and risks and many other topics, it’s imperative to the proposed plans that the full extent of the dangers be known, their source and discussed in full. All standard operating procedure in any investigation and subsequent report. Who, what, where, when and why!

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:37 pm

With current and likely travel restrictions, it may be timely to really, really think of getting to any inner or outer province location and of course that applies to children or parents in other provinces coming to join you.

Have a friend with east coast cottage and I keep telling him to really consider leaving the burbs of Toronto but because he has some food now here, he is hesitant. Told him, rent a moving truck and move it and any freezers with it but get away from TO area.

So look well to your options, I have hunch they are diminishing rapidly

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:35 pm

So lets assume for a bit that we are nearing a POSSIBLE slow down in the spread and maybe some lessening of restrictions. PLEASE note i am not pushing this or that, just a possible future scenario.

a second and third wave has been discussed and sounds logical. there's also the chance that sickness and death continue each day but at more "acceptable" numbers. Assuming this is the case/ low numbers and some measures of normalcy in a post high unemployment covid world. what should we do beyond analyze what we did, wished we did and plan on doing in the future?

One of the things that may help people is either buying a property on the country, woods... but perhaps more practical is one of renting or leasing to own. Unless one is well off, money is always a concern. perhaps credit isn't good enough to get a mortgage, banks still wont loan becuase its a far off rural or bush property and down deposit is out of reach...

if the seller would entertain a lease or rent to own scenario, you will want to ensure the conditions are very clear. How much and where wood can be cut, same for tilling of land, construction of ponds.... May be too complex for person wishing to accept a conventional lease to own arrangement but who knows, "seller" may really need a nice deposit and continued revenue stream. You cutting 20 cord of wood a year on a hundred acre wood lot wont even be noticed and tilling of an old pasture wont hurt anything.

Something to maybe consider if an outright purchase is not an option and one wishes to improve ones position for the next event during any lull in restrictions.

Return to “Disaster Alert”