Is It Over Yet?

Post emergencies and disaster alerts here.
Clarence

Re: Is It Over Yet?

Post by Clarence »

In speaking with a very well respected surgeon in the US the other day, he told me it’s wild how the young are just going nuts with partying and sounded very discouraged. He also told me he does not see any vaccine really working and that it will be treatments that will be the course of action. And here’s the kicker, he told me to expect this to last four years.

I do apologize to anyone who just choked on their morning coffee... and do not want to portray this as remaining or looking like it’s current state for four more years. Just that it’s presence may still be felt, but hopefully with better and better treatments, people will suffer less.

A top surgeon from top hospital, top learning facility and I know him from way back to be a very level headed, no drama, middle of the road political type, and due to who he works with and on would have good intel on what’s happening in research and in the field.

So from my chair, I see a lot of signals from well informed folks that this is far from over.

The other fun or interesting angle is, they continue to modify their prognosis on the virus. So seeing as they are all over the map, they are either lying about the viruses makeup and effect or simply don’t have a clue. Either of which does not bode well.

helicopilot
Canada

Post by helicopilot »

No choking on morning coffee here... writing is on the wall. Anyone thinking that this is going to be done by the end of the summer is in absolute denial.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

helicopilot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:15 pm No choking on morning coffee here... writing is on the wall. Anyone thinking that this is going to be done by the end of the summer is in absolute denial.
Lol, and yet we hear people everyday refuse to look at things with an open mind. Rocks cast all around inside glass homes by those seeking to blame others, happy spin news where they get a big dopey smile on their mug, nod their talking heads about how we are down to 1,2,10,30..... new cases and seem all upbeat.

While some may view these tiny bits of good news with optimism, it’s just a waste of time and effort to get happy about it. People need to be told the blasted truth and done so with specific details and some logical plans. The amount of stupidity dribbling from our leaders and alleged experts is sickening to a professional and there are many professionals out there who do know better and even if one is not engaged in fine details, it’s obvious to anyone with some grey matter that the stories or truth be told, children’s fables, make zero sense. In fact, I think Cinderella makes more sense then what passes for expert advise.

Nope, you me and many others may not be duped by BS but many are and unfortunately, that affects us in funny ways
helicopilot
Canada

Post by helicopilot »

That’s because they know that with all the “snowflakes” out there, if they were upfront and told the honest truth, that the next shortage in the stores would be ropes as the suicide rates and mental health crises would go through the roof

Reality sucks...
farmgal
Canada

Post by farmgal »

My Mom.. I founds this new channel 24/7 covid news.. all these experts and they explain and talk about everything..
Me.. ok.. so do you feel better or does it scare you?
My Mom: scares me but I also like listening to them talk about it.
Me OK.. I understand.. knowledge feels like power.. I get it
My Mom.. talks about the experts for like an hour, covers all these things she liked they talked about ..
Ok
Ok.
Me.. now mom I just want you to remember one thing ok.. The whole point of your new channel is to scare the gen pop into following all the new rules and giving a reason for all the Bleep that is about to come raining down the next 5 year..
My Mom :silence
Still Silence..
then in a quiet voice.. ok.. I get it..

Sigh.. wow.. a 24 hour nothing but Covid channel.. fg
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

helicopilot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:49 pm That’s because they know that with all the “snowflakes” out there, if they were upfront and told the honest truth, that the next shortage in the stores would be ropes as the suicide rates and mental health crises would go through the roof

Reality sucks...
Reality can indeed bite. Yes the snowflakes would freak out and truth be told and I know it’s not very nice of me but I may even give away , well not give away but loan out some rope If it helped cull the heard.

Seriously, I prefer sound intel, good, bad or ugly. At least I know what I have to work with. I like to think of a captain on a ship telling passengers, the boats got one hour in her and this is what we can do. Some will listen and get organized and work together and some will panic or go comatose. Use the ships gun locker contents for troublesome and until everyone else is safe forget comatose ones.

I like the truth and working with it. Pass out the free rope for the others.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

farmgal wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:49 am My Mom.. I founds this new channel 24/7 covid news.. all these experts and they explain and talk about everything..
Me.. ok.. so do you feel better or does it scare you?
My Mom: scares me but I also like listening to them talk about it.
Me OK.. I understand.. knowledge feels like power.. I get it
My Mom.. talks about the experts for like an hour, covers all these things she liked they talked about ..
Ok
Ok.
Me.. now mom I just want you to remember one thing ok.. The whole point of your new channel is to scare the gen pop into following all the new rules and giving a reason for all the Bleep that is about to come raining down the next 5 year..
My Mom :silence
Still Silence..
then in a quiet voice.. ok.. I get it..

Sigh.. wow.. a 24 hour nothing but Covid channel.. fg
I feel so bad for seniors. My mother loves her detective or murder mysteries and was going nuts listening to the cable news. My dad has dementia so the poor soul has a tough go of it, so sister recommends a channel on crime mysteries. Low And behold, I get a call from mom telling me she is hearing “noises” outside the house. They do live in the country and seldom see anyone walk by their home so the squirrels get bigger and bigger :D So after her telling me she wanted a gun and her sleeping with a knife, we told them, go watch a nature channel or some antique show. :D

The other thing is anyone who is sick or old is worried about going into the hospital and never seeing a loved one due to panic over visitors etc. so I really feel bad for seniors and everyone who is sick and worried about going into the hospitals these days. Hell of an unnecessary mess
SetiCruncher
Canada

Post by SetiCruncher »

I've seen the 24 hour Covid Channel, I can't be bothered with it. As far as I'm concerned it's all media type and scare tactics. That being said my parents watch news excessively and as a result take all this Covid stuff very serious.

They know I don't buy into all the fear mongering, but I do assure them that as long as Canada keeps its borders closed we'll be o.k. as we've fared pretty well compared to most countries.

Although I'm not overly concerned about this virus, I have kept family supplied with Medical Quality masks and am working on building both my and their supply of N95/KN95 masks just in case. I may not buy into all this Covid fear mongering or take it overly serious but the prepper inside of me demands that I always prepare for the worst, just in case.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Well, not that is a news flash for many but here in Ontario, Premier Doug Ford just announced they are getting ready for second wave in the fall. No snit Sherlock!

Yet and in typical denial mode government think, the idiots are talking about full time school classes. I fully understand all the issues of homeschooling, mothers being hit the worse, job demands etc etc etc. we got that. But to sit there and say we are wanting full in school classes and then out of the other side of the mouth admit to a likely second wave ( at least glad they let that slip out)

So what’s the point Doug? Open things back up, give false hope to parents and businesses and then what, shut it all back down 2,3 or maybe four weeks latter? Hell of a plan, but this is why we are in the mess we are. Governments and corporations spent gobs of money To hire professionals to advise them on what the threats and risks are and assess what’s needed to combat the very clear likelihood of these things occurring and the remedies and then refuse to action the requested and paid for recommendations. Simpler stellar work there boys and girls, just brilliant!

So assuming dear leader is correct on second wave this fall and I firmly believe he is, let it be a real heads up on what we can try and envision or to occur. Second and third waves in theory carry a higher body count. So if we had supply disruptions this spring and even now, think far worse. The BS about being better prepared is Hs, if you asked the question do you have enough PPE for all medical or other public or private service personnel seeing the public right now and when we say enough, we mean by that, 4,5,6 changes of masks per eight hour shift, I bet the only noise heard would be camera clicks and perhaps some gas escaping from the politician.

So during the normal flu season we will see spike in covid symptoms and cases and all during wet cool weather with snow. Should be a real barrel full of monkeys time in any lines out in front of Costco, Wally World, pharmacies..... People will be in a great mood wet and freezing and thinking of when they finally get inside and find the shelves bare or limited to one can of peas.

Mentioned it in the spring, but make sure ones generator or batteries ........are in good shape becuase covid will hit hydro workers as much as anyone else and those lines won’t be repaired as fast when the snow and wind hit this winter. They were already restricted to one person per service truck so that cut in half the number of truck available to help other areas. Because it occurred this spring, the impact wasn’t felt but this winter?

Now, here’s an even more fun point to ponder or prep for. Third wave!! Maybe in the spring to early summer. Want a garden in the early spring, better have seeds next week...to plant.

So to recap. Right now we are still fiddling with #1, then wave 2 hits maybe mid fall and then wave #3 late spring to early summer. I wonder what things will look like and how wonderfully civil people will be? I think it’s something like 35% of people In the US are behind in home payments and I suspect we are somewhat similar. By summer of 21 what will it be? That company that paid people to work from home will be in what financial situation come January?

I am not painting doom and gloom, aux contraire, what I ponder above isn’t even a minuscule fraction of what a second and third wave will mean. Not a grain of sand on a beach worth.

Just sit back, look around you and your largest circle and see how folks are doing financially and mentally, look at neighbor's, fear in some retail workers faces, panic in the eyes of some health care workers, look at the rings around their eyes.... now try and imagine another year of worse conditions, perhaps far worse!

All I can say is it’s all an educated guess at this stage, with some knowing more and some really just trying to guess but without any background training or information to help them, but what I have learnt over the years is to listen to the gut and avoid trying to play it down or sugar coat things because your only fooling yourself. I don’t mean stop striving or having a can do attitude because those are absolutely essential. what must be avoided at all costs is sugar coating things and believing the magical disaster fairy or government department will save you. not disparaging government folks here becuase I know many truly great ones, just that the blob has problems of it’s own and can’t handle things efficiently on a good day, let alone during a crisis.

I would expect some form of food .. rationing and enactment of emergency measures act this fall/ winter. Certainly tighter inter provincial or even regional travel restrictions, so think long and very hard on where one wishes to be this fall... Don’t forget the stool pigeons governments of all levels will use to rat out their neighbors!

If one is traveling around, a burner phone or no phone at all is something to consider. This isn’t intended to assist those breaking laws, just to save on cell air time and battery use and Reduce ones carbon footprint, after all we must do our part and are all in this together :geek:

This isn’t over by a long shot
SetiCruncher
Canada

Post by SetiCruncher »

Hong Kong is reporting a third wave of Corona Virus hitting now. Some Southern U.S. States are considering going back into lockdown as second wave is hitting hard.

So for many this is far from over, but, as I've said before, as long as Canada keeps its borders closed. No big deal. Our numbers have been pretty mild compared to most of the world. If the borders stay closed, our numbers will stay low and any second or third wave will be minimal.

Now, if our Government caves to U.S. pressure and re-opens the borders well then all bets are off and our numbers will jump.

map.jpg
map.jpg (41.67 KiB) Viewed 130 times

Return to “Disaster Alert”