WWIII?

Discussions regarding wars around the globe
peppercorn

Re: WWIII?

Post by peppercorn »

HP, Just out today, more confirmation my suspicion of his behaviour is shared. After Wednesday when Pence confirms the Electoral votes, Trump only has military options.

https://truthout.org/articles/experts-w ... speration/

Even if his starting a war fails in securing some type of emergency war powers that could extend his stay in the white house, it will certainly tie the hands of the incoming administration and that by itself is a reason for him to do so.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.
helicopilot
Canada

Post by helicopilot »

Well... Iran can’t win against the USA, even without any coalition siding with the US. So Iran isn’t going to make the first move. So if Trump decides to initiate the war, it will be a huge ethical dilemma for the chairman of the joint chief of staff. The president is the C-in-C but the oath is sworn to the republic and the constitution. Gen Miley is a smart man (please don’t let me down on this, Mark!). He has already stood up against the president in the past. I’d like to think that he would see through Trump’s stratagem and purposefully stall the process until the planned Inauguration Day.

So unless Iran’s republican guard and the Ayatollah are keen to be martyrs, they are unlikely to initiate anything. Then, there could be a false flag event to trigger hostilities but this would be condemned rapidly by the international community as wayyyy too convenient to be believable. So the conflict would fizzle pretty fast if it was to occur. EXCEPT if Russia decided to leverage the opportunity of having a “side-conflict” between Iran/USA and a deranged man at the helm (Putin is also a strange cat, BTW), then they could pounce on the over-committed US. China will keep the course as they are already “winning” their world domination without shedding a drop of blood.
Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob »

I highly doubt any of the super powers have the guts to start a world war right now, or at any time in the near future. They all know what the end result would be. That being said, it would not surprise me if "something" were to come up at the last minute that stalls the transfer of power.
I also highly doubt Canada would let itself be drawn into it. Just like Iraq, if the UN doesn't support it, Canada will keep it's nose out of it.
peppercorn

Post by peppercorn »

He just cant stop shooting himself in the foot, after the release of that phone call on the weekend it looks like everyone is trying to step away from the corpse. That was a call much as you would expect the leader of Kazakhstan to say to a vote counter....find me 10 000 more votes! This is just too funny, I am going to miss him, production values are going to fall.
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.
peppercorn

Post by peppercorn »

This just gets funnier and funnier, as the evening turns into night the White house sits in total darkness. His coup attempt has failed, you know Mr bone spurs is hiding in his bunker right now. I am so going to miss him. I will have to watch old reruns of the WWF (wrestling) from the 90's to see equal quality theater that has been the last 4 years.

You have to know that had those been black rioters the bodies would have been stacked like cordwood right at the entrances, or the steps going up.
helicopilot
Canada

Post by helicopilot »

You know things are bad when Republican official are discussing invoking the 25th.

I won’t be any more political than this. From a prepping standpoint, I have to concede that there will be increased uncertainty over the next 2 weeks, ripples on the economy, etc. I’d like to think the worst is over.
peppercorn

Post by peppercorn »

helicopilot wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:40 pm You know things are bad when Republican official are discussing invoking the 25th.

I won’t be any more political than this. From a prepping standpoint, I have to concede that there will be increased uncertainty over the next 2 weeks, ripples on the economy, etc. I’d like to think the worst is over.
Discussing it, but they wont let it happen. His term will go down as one as a "cult of personality"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_p ... e%20of%20a

No different than Mao Zedong who had his followers hold up their little red books to show devotion, Trumps fan base proudly wears bright red caps with 4 words on them that they chant. Or the same as a Stalin type of cult of personality, though do to his oration style I think Mussolini is the closest parallel.

I am always amazed by those taken in by a grifter, more so those with some miles on them. Younger people you can almost understand their naivety.

The movie, Inglourious Basterds, comes to mind. It would be fitting if those words were carved into the foreheads of everyone who wore the cap so they may be spotted years from now, so they cant hide the part they played.
Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob »

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........no WWIII?
helicopilot
Canada

Post by helicopilot »

Denob wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:40 am Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........no WWIII?
Shhhhhuuuuuuttt, don’t jinx it!
peppercorn

Post by peppercorn »

If you think Trump is done now and will sit quiet until the 20th, dont bet on it. I say he is more dangerous than ever. Now a wounded dangerous animal.
The next 10 days are going to be very interesting.
Think Charles Manson leading his pack of zombie followers.
Popcorn is ready, let the show begin.

EDIT; While its fun to laugh at his gang of goofs on tv, know there were far more capable actors that allowed this to happen, I suspect that once the new administration is in, investigations will revel Trumps gang of twits had help, and I dont just mean by the security guards taking selfies. There had to have been overt and covert help. Remember at all levels of government he spent years placing loyal followers. That includes the military. The new administration must view them all as potential traitors and clean house.

Return to “War”