No shortages?

Post general Canadian discussions here.
Clarence
Canada

Re: No shortages?

Post by Clarence »

have not been inside a wallyworld or costco in months and hope to keep it that way. pickup orders and a few quick specialty dashes is all we do. tempted to go in just for a look but not really worth it. Walmart is often short of fairly common items and substitute things. Also noted higher level brand names are not available ( true or greed?) so we end up getting their great value brand/

SetiCruncher
Canada

Post by SetiCruncher »

Strange item, but a family member told me that they went to three separate Grocery Stores and couldn't find any Bounce Dryer Sheets anywhere. Kind of a Strange item to suddenly come up short.

Noticed a couple grocery stores with signs limiting customers to a single package of paper towels. I haven't noticed any shortage or increased demand for Paper Towels but as they are being limited to 1 pack per customer, clearly there is an issue somewhere.
Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence »

Near Ottawa, we have seen paper towel shortages at Wally World for a few months now.
family member in west end of Montréal said Costco had lineups outside early Monday morning
Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence »

Heard that north of montreal at mont tremblant, that grocery stores are limiting canned goods to 2,

here near ottawa, wallmart is short on a number of food items like cheese, some canned fruits etc. I stay out of stores as much as possible so can only comment on curbside pickups. We are now only topping up or replacing what we use each week or so. Meat comes from a butcher,,so really only two or three sources for food stuff.
farmgal
Canada

Post by farmgal »

I am beyond glad that my girlfriend is running a local food program and I get my food boxes from it and that I can order "extra's" to the basic orders that are split into the food boxes.. but let me tell you the shortages are real.. I went looking for a item.. 64 listed in the system.. available.. 2.. yup.. 2.. the rest.. not available at this time.

the one order.. we wanted apples.. so many apples on the order list.. avaialble.. 5 pound bags of macintosh.. that was it.. nothing else was able to be ordered that week.. its eye popping.. still some great deals to be had in the program and no going to the store to make it happen.. huge bonus!!!
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/
helicopilot
Canada

Post by helicopilot »

Not sure if shortages or a simple matter of capitalism, but Hepa filters have gone up over 100%

For the past many years, we had an Hepa filtration system in the kids’ room due to allergies. Went to reorder on Amazon yesterday. Last order was $18 a year ago. Now, the same, identical, item was $89! I’ve managed to find the same model but from a different supplier for $36.

Guess there are some people going Hepa nuts with virus in mind.

Return to “General Canadian Discussions”