What Did You Prep This Week

Post general Canadian discussions here.
Clarence
Canada

Re: What Did You Prep This Week

Post by Clarence » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:07 pm

PrepHer wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:17 pm
I stocked up on Store brand Tylenol and other OTC medications as well as any other items I regularly use that are made in China or have ingredients/parts made in China (Chinese factories/businesses are currently shut down due to the covid-19 Coronovirus). In addition, I'm adding more boxes of ie juices, rice milk, etc that can be stored at room temperature. This is the most serious I've felt about prepping since Y2K!
Y2K. Ah yes, was made fun of by family when I ramped things up bit they didn’t know what I knew. Also remembering working on gov and business projects in prep for this and boy oh boy, we would have been in some real pain IF measures had not been taken. I learnt a great deal about where we are as a nation then and have zero doubts about what and why I do what I do. So rock on, we learn so much about our lives, technology, farming... it’s great knowledge and so long as no one goes and lives underground in simple anticipation of things, we are on solid ground

Nagol
Canada

Post by Nagol » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:41 pm

Doing a medication run tomorrow.
Had a buddy at one of my customers give me 40 n95’s
Always adding to food, hygiene and necessities stores.
Traded a centerfire rifle for a pistol caliber rifle for the wife.
Still selling/ trading unneeded gear and filling holes in my current supplies.

helicopilot
Canada

Post by helicopilot » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:08 am

Well, with rail blockades unlikely to resolve soon (things growing well beyond gas pipeline, and revendications cover the MMIV, and every wrongs of colonisation for the past 250+ yrs), flu causing Chinese manufacturing base to falter, uncertainty with the disease...

Did a rather large Costco run today, stocking up on a variety of non perishables and other products. That way, if products price go up as they need to be shipped by truck, if there are shortages, or if I need to isolate at home, we are somewhat set.

In different news...

Started a second batch of veggies from seeds and transplanted my tomatoes in large containers as they’ve much outgrown their peat pots already.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:46 am

helicopilot wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:08 am
revendications
There is a word I had to go look up.
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Clarence wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:57 pm
peppercorn wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:38 am
It arrived, I will test it out tonight.

light.jpg

I should add since I see these come with 18650 cells. I know they will be craptacular cells, but for anyone local who wants good quality, fair priced 18650s (not fake). I know a local supplier who gets good cells Just PM me and I will send you his contact info. So good I even built a spare battery for my bike from his stock.
That plastic open ended tube is to help the battery fit in tighter, you likely figured that out but figured it’s worth mentioning because when I first opened it up, I was trying to figure out what the heck it was for. :oops:
And, what do you think of the 37.00 light?

helicopilot
Canada

Post by helicopilot » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:31 pm

peppercorn wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:46 am
helicopilot wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:08 am
revendications
There is a word I had to go look up.
When you’re French Canadian, like to use fancy words, and get to the point of thinking that said word is certainly an English one (without checking).

For some reasons, the English word “claim” certainly doesn’t sound as refined.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:30 am

Clarence wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:28 pm
Clarence wrote:
peppercorn wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:38 am
It arrived, I will test it out tonight.

light.jpg

I should add since I see these come with 18650 cells. I know they will be craptacular cells, but for anyone local who wants good quality, fair priced 18650s (not fake). I know a local supplier who gets good cells Just PM me and I will send you his contact info. So good I even built a spare battery for my bike from his stock.
That plastic open ended tube is to help the battery fit in tighter, you likely figured that out but figured it’s worth mentioning because when I first opened it up, I was trying to figure out what the heck it was for. :oops:
I would say its good. I plan to mount it on my bike for stealthy night riding. On second thought that does not sound wise. Stealthy is not what I want to be on public roads. I will use it for night time off road trails
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:42 pm

peppercorn wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:30 am
Clarence wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:28 pm
Clarence wrote:

I would say its good. I plan to mount it on my bike for stealthy night riding. On second thought that does not sound wise. Stealthy is not what I want to be on public roads. I will use it for night time off road trails
Agree, good is perfect description. For 38 I view the package as awesome deal. I am sure there are equal deals but for me, this is the best I have found for this type of product/s

How long the electronics last I have no idea but if it’s as good as the machining, it should be good. Glad I was able to partially return the favor you have provided with your solar inputs

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:49 pm

Emptied a store of turkey breasts, adding more frozen veggies, canned goods, another large bag of rice. Boy do we have rice! Probiotics, got another three months supply of meds so getting closer to a years supply now for all meds. Have a full years supply for two of the heart meds. But when you pay out of pocket, it’s expensive 900.00 in one day for three months supply hurts.

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:41 pm

5 X 8oz bottles hand sanitizer
4 X 2oz bottles hand sanitizer
4 X 500ml alcohol
4 X safety goggles (indirect vent)
2 X Tyvek coveralls (need more)
Duct Tape
Food, food, and then some more food!
Another bag powdered milk (makes 25 liters)

Return to “General Canadian Discussions”