Quiet forums

Post general Canadian discussions here.
Mooswa
Canada

Re: Quiet forums

Post by Mooswa » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:40 pm

Yes I think all forums have slowed down. Why? I believe they have sort of run their course. Initially they were some new way to interact and everyone jumped on the bandwagon in fields of interest. Soon they were a dime a dozen. Initially people post like crazy and then eventually they slow down. Many forums get a few twits and trolls and that causes more people to give it up. Then there are the online assassinations and feeding frenzies that some seem to get caught up in.................. I know it has really caused me to sit back and wonder if they are a good use of spare time.

In the last year or two I have pretty much dropped all forums and only check out a few periodically. Here I am checking back on this forum because I received an e-mail from the administrators poking me with a sharp stick to check out the site and participate. ;)

If things are slow it is hard to keep peoples interest up.

Let no good deed go unpunished.

Protector
Canada

Post by Protector » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:27 am

Post about the projects your working on!. Post pictures as their worth 1000 words. Gives everyone a great feeling their not alone. We've all got projects and doing new things. Let's feed off eachother. Advance faster and GSD!

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:52 am

Protector wrote:Post about the projects your working on!. Post pictures as their worth 1000 words. Gives everyone a great feeling their not alone. We've all got projects and doing new things. Let's feed off eachother. Advance faster and GSD!
Love your postscript! Being debtvfree is a liberator and yes, get out of urban areas

Protector
Canada

Post by Protector » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:09 am

Love your postscript! Being debt free is a liberator and yes, get out of urban areas[/quote]. I've lost a house and 105 acres before. The old portion of the house was a redo and the newer part had no insulation in the crawl space. Roof leaked and since we bought in winter and they were going to go under if we didn't buy. No recourse. It had a new 600ft well and grandfathered leach field and septic. The bottom two are worth 50,000 and the land was worth 30,000. We paid 52,000. We bought our land we have now and paid it off for 25,000 and refinanced to no avail. Work went to crap for two years and lack of experience did us in. *** tip: Always fix the roof first*** Then the rest of the outside. The only exception is if you have a wood stove that's dangerous and no other way to heat that winter. Get a metal roof. 50plus years of peace and great for water catchment. Next when redoing your outside go down to studs and see if their "eaten". If they are replace or double up on each side. Use bulls eye if you see mold or get rid of it if you can. All of this to say. Protect the outside! Then work on inside. No point in having land if one downturn and it's taken from you. A homestead pays for itself! The revenue pays taxes and insurance so you can never lose the land. You build it up so kids or hired help can do the same and you've earned your break and can start new cash flow and the land. "No sacrafice! No victory"

Return to “General Canadian Discussions”