61% of Canadians think the world is heading for disaster!

Post general Canadian discussions here.
Protector
Canada

61% of Canadians think the world is heading for disaster!

Post by Protector » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:23 am

I guess we're not as alone as we think! I just hope these people start prepping before an event happens to them

https://www.crop.ca/en/blog/2018/221/

wabsey11
Canada

Re: 61% of Canadians think the world is heading for disaster!

Post by wabsey11 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:33 am

A three week interference would be something, a hard wake up. A hard hard wake up.
Don't Agonize, Organize.

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Post by thecrownsown » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:01 pm

So just to be the wet blanket on this story (Protector knows me well...I'm awful at this sometimes. :) ) The survey is completely subjective. 61% "believe." It doesn't mean there is or isnt a legitimate concern...they survey shows the optics of a particular segment of people. If all you see on the news and on social media is war, famine and mayham...your "belief" is apt to be scewered towards that end...whether its true or not. Also, I don't see how the survey was conducted...was it random individuals to get a sampling of society..was it voluntary on a website which would only bring a certain segment into the survey, how was it conducted, was it open to tampering (multiple voters, etc.)

Add to this subjective poll...the survey gives only two choices....and when there are so many variables to consider one may choose one or the other answer not based on an overwhelming stance on either side...but instead weighing a number of variables both positive and negative. food production is on the increase worldwide, violent crimes continue to drop, and fewer people are dying in wars..and this trend continues. Those are positives. climate change, nuclear weapons and rogue states..negatives. The two choices in the survey could sway a voter one way or the other dependant on a personal subjective belief on what governs.

Its a great article. But polls like this are problematic.
https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:37 pm

thecrownsown wrote: ...Its a great article. But polls like this are problematic.
Thanks for posting Protector. I agree with the crown, these claims shouldn't be considered factual without an adequate understanding of the scope of the survey in-question. I'd be interested in the sampling framework employed.

Anyway, I wish everyone a blessed Easter and hope that the Easter Bunny brings you something special... :-)
None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

Gallowshumour
Canada

Post by Gallowshumour » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:53 pm

Sixty one percent, eh! Isn't that just about the ratio of voters that didn't vote for Justin? That number should go up, though. Eventually, even his hardcore supporters will have to admit he's a disaster.

Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:15 pm

Gallowshumour wrote:Sixty one percent, eh! Isn't that just about the ratio of voters that didn't vote for Justin? That number should go up, though. Eventually, even his hardcore supporters will have to admit he's a disaster.
That I can believe. :-)

Gallowshumour
Canada

Post by Gallowshumour » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:55 am

I hate to be that guy who piles on, Protector, but I gotta be that guy.

To add to what Crown and Wayne wrote, just because a majority now think we're headed for disaster doesn't mean they share your belief in preparing for it. A lot of people in this country think that supporting them in every contingency is the government's job. That's why our taxes are so high. I'd also be willing to bet that if the SHTF tomorrow, those same people would be petitioning the government to seize your stuff to share with them.

scrounger
Canada

Post by scrounger » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:20 am

https://sondage.crop.ca/survey/start/CA ... abl_en.pdf

And 4 out of 5 Canadians hate surveys :D
I reserve the right to be a blowhard. Blaster

Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:17 pm

Big claims to substantiate with only seven hundredths of one percent of the population surveyed. That said, I would agree with it. Society is moving in the wrong direction...

Protector
Canada

Post by Protector » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:09 am

I agree that even the most expensive polls can be wrong. Trump proved that... It does show a tendency that I've been seeing over the last five years. Main stream stores selling preparedness items. Small stores from all over Canada opening to serve the preparedness market. Most small hunting stores in my area now have small pocket survival kits. At the same time the prepping forums I frequent are extremely slow and contain few posts or gossip.

Return to “General Canadian Discussions”