So ..

New Zealand Preppers Forum. Meet and Network with other New Zealand Preppers Here.
MrHappyNZ
New Zealand

So ..

Post by MrHappyNZ »

<watches tumble weed roll by>

Is it just me or have prepper sites in general gotten pretty quite since the End of the Last Year.

OldTimeGardener

Re: So ..

Post by OldTimeGardener »

Hey MrHappyNZ
I think its got a lot to do with spring popping up here, we are getting into starting seeds, preparing the soil then planting will be upon us. Then a long list after that, needing done. No end to it right now here.

I am just in for a break, thanks to the rain, of covering grnhse and hoop beds.
I bet others are doing much the same thing. :)

What's your weather like there?
A sense of humor is absolutely essential to survival.
ICRCC

Post by ICRCC »

There was a lot of interest generated by 2012 and the end of the Mayan colander. Since then it has been a little quieter.

OTG, our ground is still frozen with at least 2 feet of hard packed snow! Can't wait to get gardening. :)
RabbitTeeth

Post by RabbitTeeth »

I've been seeding carrots, kale, potatoes, pumpkins and corn indoors over the last few weekends. Looks like it's about 4-5 weeks out from the last few frosts in our area, so I'd like to get a jump on the season.
ICRCC

Post by ICRCC »

We have started cabbage, broccoli, cucumber, carrots, castor beans, malva indoor but at this point the outside planting seems a long way off. :(
susannah755

Post by susannah755 »

Trying to catch up on sleep after the horrendous bushfire season we've just had, and still waiting for rain :(
Russell Coight....outback legend
Syn

Post by Syn »

I somewhat wonder if those who have had their eyes wide open for a while are a bit burned out and prepping more quietly the more the world becomes more precarious ? I feel rather resigned to the path I have committed myself , practicing permaculture and generally striving harder than ever to be my best person because I feel this world needs that in as many people living consciously as possible right now. And I am knackered from working outside all day : )
martha

Post by martha »

Ircc what do you do with castor bean? What's malva?
ICRCC

Post by ICRCC »

I wondered if anyone would ask that question. They are just for aesthetics. Although , I hear that you can eat the leaves of Malva. I believe that gardens should not only be functional but also beautiful.
Attachments
Malva.jpg
Malva.jpg (17.07 KiB) Viewed 2721 times
MrHappyNZ
New Zealand

Post by MrHappyNZ »

Cheers for the replies all.

Is coming into autumn here and been dry as (not as bad as our Australian neighbours mind you).

Was disturbed by a recent news article on our countries preparedness, apparently only 30% of households in New Zealand have some form of emergency supplies. This is up 7% since the Christchurch earthquake, we have a quake that levels a city ond only 7 people in a hundred do anything about it.
Makes me mad and sad :(

Return to “New Zealand Preppers Network”