Prep code?

Post general New Zealand discussions here.
MarlPrepper

Re: Prep code?

Post by MarlPrepper » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:05 pm

i think the initiation should be verbal but the final confirmation should be some sort of symbol and i do agree each country should have their own. i am currently looking into designs for a coin of some sort for this my mum has a laser engraver(one of the only ones in new zealand) and i could use that to make some sort of coin so i might get some metal sheeting and make a bunch one day and any New zealand preppers can give me their address and ill send them one. it could fit in an envolope also so the postage would be very cheap. ill also look into making these pins/coins internationally depending on the postage costs. any designs would be appreciated.

Cigarettes are just like HedgeHogs, perfectly harmless until you put them in your mouth and light them on fire.

MarlPrepper

Post by MarlPrepper » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 pm

New update on the pins i came up with this idea really quick
the 000 on the bottom can be changed to 001,002,003,010,011,454 etc so each prepper can have his own id, i dont imagine these going larger than 1000 but i could be wrong so i may add another number onto it.
this is my first time uploading a file to this forum so i hope it works. its an attached png so i guess its down the bottom somewhere
Attachments
IPN.png
IPN.png (94.59 KiB) Viewed 2725 times
Cigarettes are just like HedgeHogs, perfectly harmless until you put them in your mouth and light them on fire.

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:06 pm

Coins are a great idea, especially if you can make them yourself. I was thinking of a small lapel pin. I think that something that could be worn, but remain discrete would be ideal. Also, a lapel pin can be moved from one article of clothing to another easily. I have been looking around for a supplier, but there are always minimum orders. If I want to get it going, I'll have to do some fund raising. Maybe one of the companies that are members here could sponsor the project.

MarlPrepper

Post by MarlPrepper » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Denob wrote:Coins are a great idea, especially if you can make them yourself. I was thinking of a small lapel pin. I think that something that could be worn, but remain discrete would be ideal. Also, a lapel pin can be moved from one article of clothing to another easily. I have been looking around for a supplier, but there are always minimum orders. If I want to get it going, I'll have to do some fund raising. Maybe one of the companies that are members here could sponsor the project.
i also have a solder at home. i could attach a pin to these coins but i would have to test the strength first but i will definately work on this when i get back from the west coast(i go down there every year to hunt deer/rabbit/pukeko and fish for whitebait) but if it works i will make about 100 pins because postage is cheap as chips for envalopes and i could send them all around the world. i am currently working on making the design look better it terms of an arrow through the center rather than just a line.

ICRCC

Post by ICRCC » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:25 pm

Denob wrote:Coins are a great idea, especially if you can make them yourself. I was thinking of a small lapel pin. I think that something that could be worn, but remain discrete would be ideal. Also, a lapel pin can be moved from one article of clothing to another easily. I have been looking around for a supplier, but there are always minimum orders. If I want to get it going, I'll have to do some fund raising. Maybe one of the companies that are members here could sponsor the project.

Can we get some idea of the total cost Denob? I would be in as one of the sponsors for sure. There is usually a minimum order for these kinds of things. After the base price the greater the volume the cheaper each unit becomes.

ICRCC

Post by ICRCC » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:31 pm

I really like the circular logo for the Canadian Preppers Network on this site. I don't know who developed it or if it could be used. The red and white colours are easy to see. Also the letters "CPN" are pretty innocuous.

JustABear

Post by JustABear » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:50 pm

There is a canadian company... CP Gear ...that among other things makes badges... both plastic clip on and fabric velcro. They are reasonable and have all the infrastructure in place. Have a look at their offering and see what you think.

MarlPrepper

Post by MarlPrepper » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:09 am

When i get back i will make one of these coins/pins and solder a safety pin onto the back. if its strong enough then i can make some CPN ones also. we can make them out of these materials: Wood Metal Acrylic Glass and Rubber. everything else that i have put in the lazer engraver has caught on fire. i am definately going to go ahead with the new zealand ones and if i can make and send canadian pins i could send a bunch to someone in canada to distribute from there if they like? also JAB a proper company is probably a good idea as they will most likely be reliable. i am going to make a bunch of coins for the kiwi's around the network and see what i can do about making them for other countries(these pins will be free for anyone with over a certain amount of posts on the network that way people cant just sign up and get a pin and not be part of the network)

anglo

Post by anglo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 am

I think that when the various WTSHTF scenarios are upon us the time for talking would probably have passed. Pleasantries are a part of a civilised orderly society. When its all gone down the toilet i don't think anyone will be talking to anyone that they don't know - especially to talk about the weather. A visual identifier would be of greater value, especially 'limited edition' items. Good luck with those lapel badges Marlprepper.

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:05 pm

I started a new topic for the Canadian pin idea here...
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2082
I think that we should all do a separate National ID pin.
Thanks for the input everyone!
If you get a New Zealand pin, I would be interested in getting one...for collection!

Return to “General New Zealand Dicussions”