Prep code?

Post general New Zealand discussions here.
ICRCC

Re: Prep code?

Post by ICRCC » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Stick with a lapel pin. It's simple and only has meaning to those who recognize it.

JustABear

Post by JustABear » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Agreed. The security is keeping it exclusive and secure within the group.

mamabearof5

Post by mamabearof5 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:16 am

I agree with both the verbal and visual recognition. I also think it's a good idea to have something for the before SHTF And once SHTF you would already have the new visual pin/patch put on and have opened your sealed envelope with the new verbal recognition. That way when and if you do run into someone in your travels you could be easily identified if the other person were also a prepper , they'd know who you were,otherwise say your pleasantries and move along.

MarlPrepper

Post by MarlPrepper » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Gravlore wrote:
MarlPrepper wrote:key thing is great gravlore. noone would steal a key from you as they wouldn't know where to use it and if they killed you at your retreat and realised it doesnt open anything they would probably discard of it. only problem is keys are more expensive. i could make heaps of coins with peoples forum names on the rim so for confirmation could then ask them something about their account and how many countries are on IPN

Anything homemade can be forged. If you were to keep a key and engrave a name on it, that would be another step to security.

Another way is sending out a 8 to 12 to 100 digit number to each person invited. For instance JAB is 200039443 Marl is 974600273 Farmgal is 540873285 etc. This may lead to a greeting issue unless everyone knows everyone else's number. Whatever the case may be, there should be one person in the forum handing out whatever is chosen as a form of security to his/her chosen people. Heck, if you wanted to you could do your own thing and send it to those you totally trust. I really have no skin in the game since I have kids and we all know how many people here love children.
Thats why i thought i would put a small code on the coin/pin.
i also have another idea for it have your code be corrospond with the letters in your online name so on one side of my coin would be MarlPrepper and the other would be 1311812161851616518

a1 b2 c3 d4 e5 f6 g7 h8 i9 j10 k11 l12 m13 n14 o15 p16 q17 r18 s19 t20 u21 v22 w23 x24 y25 z26
Cigarettes are just like HedgeHogs, perfectly harmless until you put them in your mouth and light them on fire.

Gravlore

Post by Gravlore » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Just add the numbers to get your number. Should be shorter.

ICRCC

Post by ICRCC » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:15 pm

We are getting far too complicated. Keep it simple!

Gravlore

Post by Gravlore » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:26 am

ICRCC wrote:We are getting far too complicated. Keep it simple!
"There is an upside and a downside to this. I know that one of the US prepping sites were considering a sort of clandestine bumper sticker. I do not know if they went through with it. The idea was that preppers would be able to identify each other and maybe strike up a conversation. I think they decided that the striker could be a detriment in a SHTF situation because if non preppers became aware of it would make those that had the stickers targets, like advertizing "I have lots of food"."

So.....back to simple?

ICRCC

Post by ICRCC » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:27 am

The designs for the bumper sticker that I saw would be easily identifiable by anyone. Definitely not a good idea. We are talking about a simple lapel pin meaningful preppers, meaningless to everyone else. Visual recognition confirmed with relatively simple verbal contact. Now that's simple and relatively secure.

MarlPrepper

Post by MarlPrepper » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:13 pm

ok i am at the point where i just need the metal and design. each person will get two coins, a national and international. of course the international one will be made first and then the canadian followed by new zealand and whoever else wants it. at the moment i need:
1. Different designs on how the coin should look(both national and international)
2. Somewhere i can send them to. maybe a central person in canada can distribute the canadian coins?
3. metal and chains(i can get that myself)

I also definately took in the adding numbers together suggestion, lets just hope noone gets the same number haha. i may have a model number also added somewhere on the coin.

And for designs if anyone wants to make them.
-Dont worry about the size and such i will have to remake the design(pixels dont work in the lazer cutter it has to be extremely fine)
-No Full words(apart from names) only things like CPN IPN NZPN AUPN USPN and such. people might know what a prepper is and if they are not a prepper you could just tell them IPN stands for international painters network or canadian painters network etc etc. that way people that arent from the site wont be able to identify it so they would be less likely to forge it.
-i can cut righ through the metal and just simply carve into it slightly, so use different coloured lines for different depths and add a key to the side of the picture.
-needs a hole in it for string/chain to go through. otherwise the possibility to add a pin but the hole would be easier.
-looks good! having this coin look good will boost your morale in a shtf or teotwawki situation. not only will it look badass it will become a symbol of honor. just trust me it looking good will make you feel awesome.
-no balls, flat circles are fine but 3d balls will reflect the lazer and probaly end up in something bad.
-dont make it look like it could possibly be a nazi pin or any other evil organisation.
-no triangles, seems stupid but some of the illuminati theorist might think your in the illuminati and kill you after shtf for having a triangle on the coin.
i know its a long list but i think you guys would have stuck to it anyways. good luck if you are going to make a design.
Cigarettes are just like HedgeHogs, perfectly harmless until you put them in your mouth and light them on fire.

mamabearof5

Post by mamabearof5 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:18 am

And pin/coin is simple,and a good idea. What if on said coin you had the IPN and possibly whichever region you're from. Canada, US, Australia, UK and so forth. The number idea is good, but like MarlPrepper said might run onto the same numbers for some, how about including your birthdate in short from or have the month, day and year added as your official unofficial number along with an authentication number for each every coin made in existence.
Just my thoughts.

Return to “General New Zealand Dicussions”