DIY Dental Kit

Post general New Zealand discussions here.
gracefromspace

DIY Dental Kit

Post by gracefromspace » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Does such a thing exist in New Zealand? It seems every other country has them freely available for purchase, but not here.

HeinB

Re: DIY Dental Kit

Post by HeinB » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:23 pm

Generally stuff that I have trouble sourcing locally I buy from amazon.com , shipping is reasonable and quick and no GST if it's under NZ$400ish
What exactly are you looking for ? Just a few dental tools ?

gracefromspace

Post by gracefromspace » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Thanks HeinB. Yes, I'm looking for one of the kits that has a few dental tools, cement, filling materials etc. I've seen a few on o'seas sites, but they are rare as hens teeth here ...excuse the phrase :)

HeinB

Post by HeinB » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:47 am

Looks to be easily and freely available on ebay, when buying on ebay I always go for the "Top-Rated Seller" sellers, have bought lots of bits and pieces and have never had any issues with stuff not showing up, some of those guys have done 10000+ trades with almost 0 bad feedbacks, so you can be sure to trust them. Not sure whether I would do any of my own dental work apart from extractions when required! hahaha, luckily I haven't been to a dentist in well over a decade.

JustABear

Post by JustABear » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:56 am

HeinB wrote:Looks to be easily and freely available on ebay, when buying on ebay I always go for the "Top-Rated Seller" sellers, have bought lots of bits and pieces and have never had any issues with stuff not showing up, some of those guys have done 10000+ trades with almost 0 bad feedbacks, so you can be sure to trust them. Not sure whether I would do any of my own dental work apart from extractions when required! hahaha, luckily I haven't been to a dentist in well over a decade.
If you don't like the attention of a dentist I guess it is lucky to not have been to one in that time period. IF the SHTF though you will want your teeth in the best possible shape to extend the time you WILL have dental problems. Best to keep up to date on cleanings and fillings. Just my thoughts.

JAB

gracefromspace

Post by gracefromspace » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:41 am

I agree JAB. I just want to have something tucked away with my supplies in the event that I am in the position where I must do it myself. :cry:

Return to “General New Zealand Dicussions”