Preppers moving to Boquete area

General Panama Discussions
waynanburks

Preppers moving to Boquete area

Post by waynanburks »

We are in process of moving to Boquete Panama area. Wondering if anyone else out there has moved or is considering moving to this area. There is already a modest contingent of Christian preppers moved there who can be of great help to those of us still in transit. For those shipping containers, we have some valuable information but lacking details on whether shipping containers carrying large amount of food supplies, including wheat, will encounter any problems. Thanks for any input.

longreach

Re: Preppers moving to Boquete area

Post by longreach »

I know this is an old post but wanted to ask how it was going. We have been to Boquete and were looking for like minded community there. We are probably headed back in February 2016. If interested indiscussing, pls let us know.
Longreach
The Island Retreat
Canada

Post by The Island Retreat »

We’ve been there as well. Heavily interested in the forestry investment program leading to passport.

How’s it going?
Check out Canadian Prepper Podcast on iTunes!

One is none, two is one.
PanamaJackie
Panama

Post by PanamaJackie »

HI Jonesy.

I have lived in Boquete Panama since 2010. The reforestation Visa is NOT -- repeat NOT-- a good investment. The cost is $82,000 per person with the hopes that you can recoup some of your investment costs when you harvest your "forest" in about 17 years. It would be much better to get either the Pensionado Visa (for retirees) or the Friendly Nations Visa. The Pensionado Visa is about $3000 for a couple. The Friendly Nations Visa is about $5000 for a couple. Instead of spending all that money on the reforestation Visa, you could invest some of that money in a greenhouse or buy farm land.
The Island Retreat
Canada

Post by The Island Retreat »

We just had a very short visit to Panama again to show the daughters. Just a couple nights in Panama City. The canal zone is a bust now that the new canal takes all the traffic. Only got to see one ship. But the girls liked the Amador and the view from there.

Hope you're enjoying Boquete. A great town. I was trying to remember how to find the pozos termales nearby, but we ended up not having enough time to drive out. Is it right in town or not? Haven't been there since 2008.

The friendly nations visa is certainly new to us, since our last visit. We are digging further. For us, it's down to Panama or Belize. Seeing Belize for the first time next year. It seems ok, but firearms unfriendly..... Once we figure out which place we'd like, I am sure we will visit again. Are you open to visitors:)?
Check out Canadian Prepper Podcast on iTunes!

One is none, two is one.

Return to “Panama Discussions”