Canada

Re: What has this Pandemic taught you?

Post by Grouchyprepper » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:12 pm

Prayers

farmgal
Canada

Post by farmgal » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:29 pm

Ok.. update.. swabs done.. waiting on test results.

However we are now officially in a 14 day lockdown on the farm..

This is a little more hmm.. then you would think

So hubby is to go into self-isolation within the home itself, we are lucky things (1st world issues) because I love dogs and do not like to alter my dogs and so my house/yards are set up big time to keep area's shut off from each other.. (NO unplanned puppies) but it means I have more doors in places them most people..

So hubby has his own porch into the house (normally that is the farm porch side of the house) which brings him into the main floor big living room which is done in open style, living room, the large dining room table and hutches and then smaller sided library area.. lots of sunshine, lots of windows.. downstairs is the big master bedroom.. and he will have the main floor bathroom..

I am getting the kitchen, kitchen dining table area, my own outside door/foyer and the outside deck, laundry room and I am taking the upstairs bedrooms and bathroom.. We have French doors between the kitchen and the living room so we can see each other and talk though etc.

So hubby is sick enough that even if the test is negative and they will want a second test in X amount of days if it is negative and he continues to be sick.. he is now considered immune comprised.. ok then..

At least I backed them off for another 24 hours to keep him out of the hospital.. if he gets any worse they want him to go in.. but I do not want him in there unless there is no other choice.

That is my update at the moment.. Part of me is like.. ehhh, sheep are milking, chickens will keep laying eggs and I can start foraging we are good.. other part of me.. sigh.. dang, wish my last shopping trip had not been April 4th..

If I must I am allowed porch drop offs.. but I would hang my head in shame if I can not do 2 weeks right now.. maybe I am saying that wrong but you know what I mean.. I hope..
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

Peaks
Canada

Post by Peaks » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:59 pm

Hope he gets better soon! Sounds like you are well set up at home.

farmgal
Canada

Post by farmgal » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:30 pm

And the test is negative! WHOOT! never been so happy to have someone had Strep Throat.. and the meds are working and he is first got stable and now he is clearly improving!

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:46 pm

farmgal wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:30 pm
And the test is negative! WHOOT! never been so happy to have someone had Strep Throat.. and the meds are working and he is first got stable and now he is clearly improving!
Good news! I think this calls for a celebratory shopping trip! (jk)
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:48 pm

Awesome FG, on behalf of the “boys” well done and continued good fortune and a bountiful garden

farmgal
Canada

Post by farmgal » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:17 pm

Thank you. strangely because we are now on their radar, we will continue to get daily phone checks and we are still under "stay at home orders" due to hubby being so sick, they will track him and depending on the daily report he might need one more negative test result.

Thanks on the garden front.. got the baby peach tree's transplanted.. my eating pumpkin plants are starting to form flower buds and finally the temps are coming up enough that I am going to be starting out seeding things in the unheated greenhouse.. I have been watching things like a hawk and going.. nope.. nope.. not yet.. but others started an they all just got nailed the last couple days so many had losses or were smart enough to haul everything in.. but finally I think the night time temps are going to be ok.. plus if I have to.. I can put a heater in there during the night.. but I really do not want to do so..

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:07 pm

Good news Farmgal, glad you a DH are well.
Lessons learned:
1 - we drink more coffee being home all the time.
2 - instant coffee with powdered whitener is an acquired taste
3 - a taste for instant coffee with powdered whitener is acquirable

Learner
Canada

Post by Learner » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:19 am

Great news farmgal.

Return to “General Preparedness”