Maintenance lists and other clues on what to do or where things are

General Preparedness Discussions
Clarence
Canada

Re: Maintenance lists and other clues on what to do or where things are

Post by Clarence » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:48 am

If people are like me, the past few months have been real busy with purchases, gardening etc. while going over a few things, I realized that some old manuals were here and there so I have made a point of gathering them all and putting near equipment.

Going to go over other things like reminders to start generators, all the small engines, rotate jerry cans, finish labeling some of my food and material tubs, go over garage items like oils, Preston....

If things get worse this fall and winter, I know I will benefit from a recent review and have lists of things to remind me on what needs to be done.

Clarence
Canada

Re: Maintenance lists and other clues on what to do or where things are

Post by Clarence » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:02 pm

I have used emergency can type tire inflators for decades on older ATV’s and always had one or two in each vehicle. Needed to use one for an old lawnmower that I use for rougher lawn areas and small trails I have and it had gone bad so simply grabbed another one from ATV emergency kit. I also picked up five new ones to add to the stock

I think they are great things to have in any vehicle and for anyone wishing to run on the roads in the off hours or on back roads or wilderness trails where garages aren’t exactly open at 2AM, they could be a game changer for you.

the least amount of face to face contact during an emergency is always the better route. Even a good person could with no malice, mention to a cretin what you had in the car or truck when you popped in to have that flat fixed. “Boy that guy had ten coolers and bags full of groceries in his shiny new truck, noticed him on the road the other day passing by Floyd’s old farm”

Speaking of tires, look at tire patch kits for the bigger issues like nails or screws.

Winter tires are going on this week

Return to “General Preparedness”