Personal skills.

General Preparedness Discussions
Gravlore

Re: Personal skills.

Post by Gravlore » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Apparently the path I made to the base of our land where a secondary water well is located seems to be quite the path for wild life. From what I could tell there are about 4 Coyote tracks and 3 sets of deer tracks leading right to the front of our home in the last day. I made 1 clearing and blocked off the old path they used to use. Now they are redirected to our home, unintentionally. This may be a good thing if I need some quick meat however. I am not a hunter or butcher, but my neighbor is :).

ranger2012

Post by ranger2012 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:10 pm

On the subject of people skills, the reading of people is a very important skill. The Eyes are said to be the windows to a persons soul. In the past years, I had been looking at a friends wedding photo, and I asked her why she was'nt happy in the photo. She looked at at me with a shocked look, and asked me how did I know. I told her that even though she was smiling in the picture, her eyes told the truth. Apparantly her mother-in/outlaw pick her wedding dress and "arranged" the wedding to her likes. Not the way my friend wanted it. Afterwards my friend found out that her husband was a moma's boy. Only a true liar can lie with their eyes. :|
"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."

mountainjac

Post by mountainjac » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:20 pm

Not even Obama can lie with his eyes, maybe Hillary Clinton but whose not already aware that she has sold her soul. :)

Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but my husband is an Arbourist. Doesn't sound like much, but it includes the ability to fell tree's safely, take care of tree's that might be sick or dying. This also comes with an extreme ability to rope climb, and gear things with rope to fall the way you want ect. Also all the equipment that he has, ropes, harness, axes, pruning poles, ect, all would be very valuable tools in a wilderness survival situation. He can get up a 100 ft tree (or anything that can be climbed really) in a few minutes. Keeps him very physically fit and provides him with extreme monkey skills.

ICRCC

Post by ICRCC » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Coincidence that you mention arbourist as my daughter in law is an arbourist with Hydro One, formerly called Ontario Hydro. Indeed we should add that unique skill to the list. My daughter in law is indispensible keeping our adjacent properties maintained. I can cut down a tree but harvesting and controlling the large ones (over 50ft) is well beyond my skill set.

Mooswa
Canada

Post by Mooswa » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:38 pm

"Monkey skills"............. glad to know I am not alone. My wife always likes to point out my finer simian qualities, of course there is a slight difference. It is not from my ability to scale tall trees........... no, something to do with knuckles dragging in the dirt. ;)
Let no good deed go unpunished.

ICRCC

Post by ICRCC » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:40 pm

How do you feel about bananas Mooswa?

Mooswa
Canada

Post by Mooswa » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:43 pm

I prefer raw meat........

mountainjac

Post by mountainjac » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:55 pm

So we will put you in the cannibalistic gorilla category. ; )

Mooswa
Canada

Post by Mooswa » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:00 pm

:lol:

And with that I am off to check my traps. The beavers have been very busy this past week and I am thinning the herd.

Have a good day everyone.

Return to “General Preparedness”