Life Disruptions

General Preparedness Discussions
Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Re: Life Disruptions

Post by Denob » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Hopefully yes.
The disruption was from server resources getting overloaded by constant hacker attacks.
The old host just didn't care much and had some pretty low resources available. Instead of blocking obvious hack attacks (8000 hits per hour) they just shut the site down.
The new host has double the processor power, so this should help...so far no hack attempts, but these &%^&$#ers are bound to try again, we'll see how it goes.
The last post did get me thinking however...there must be a way to make it easier to save the info here....
Sounds like a good winter project.

althetrainer
Canada

Post by althetrainer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:05 pm

Things seem to be getting more and more unstable these days, time to fasten the seat belt.

Question: I have already disabled ad blockers but the site keeps saying ad blocker detected, asking me to disable it. What gives?

It's good to be back, well, almost.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:23 am

So it looks like the site is back up, I thought it was done. 3 or more weeks down is a long time in internet land. Much has already been lost just in pictures alone that are gone.
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:33 pm

3 weeks is certainly a long time. Unfortunately, these things happen. As it stands right now, this site takes 1 week (backup from old host and upload to new host) to move from one server to another. That's with my computer running 24/7. As for the missing pics, this is a result of the constant requests for larger limits...not sure any will ever be recovered. I will have to go back to the settings of a few years ago to prevent it from happening again.

Clarence
Canada

Re: Recall notice

Post by Clarence » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:43 pm

Recall on some honda gens
Looks like a salt water use / area concern, but...

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 5r-eng.php

Return to “General Preparedness”