New Netflix Docuseries: Pandemic - How To Prevent An Outbreak

General Preparedness Discussions
Clarence
Canada

Re: New Netflix Docuseries: Pandemic - How To Prevent An Outbreak

Post by Clarence » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:27 am

What masks are effective or not

Are goggles required.

What’s the time between initial contact and visible symptoms. Heard one week, two weeks. What the heck is it.

What formed the basis for the decision to not stop entry from China if as the world knows the Chinese are quarantining fifty!!! Some odd million! Not exactly a bad case of sushi poisoning, yet one allows free access to a nation

What precise measures are in place at all the airports.. to track people coming in. As of yesterday, a gov of canada person said they are having trouble contacting people on the flight the Toronto dude came in on! Can’t track people through credit card use, relatives.....pretty serious stuff and I think we have people trained to track people, yet we appear to be unable to contact them. So how can one say we are in good shape if you don’t even know where people are

State how many cases are under consideration/ suspect. Easy to get the info and state once or twice a day. That way the fake news you refer to doesn’t get traction. Easy to do if one wished to be open about the situation. I think it’s safe to say we can’t trust the fake Chinese happy happy news.

Today a person in ottawa is suspected of having it. Yet no statement on whether he or she flew in from China or if second hand. Won’t change anything but to avoid fake news, make an official statement/ credibility during a potential cris is important

State why we can’t seem to be able to figure out why we can’t evacuate citizens when other nations are? Do we need a go fund me page for gov, incompetence of officials, what exactly is the reason. Again, simple to inform people on why your not doing anything.

What medicines... are being used to help patients. Tamiflue...? Because we wish to allay fears, tell your citizens, you have ample meds, beds, nurses, ... to treat thousands or more. Tell us you have your stuff together. Right now we are getting conflicting reports on even what protections seem to work

Tell people you have a plan to pay people to stay home if asked to voluntarily self quarantine. Heck, we will have the army deliver you steak every night if you wish . That would help people stay home and not go into work a little sick and increase contamination.

In short, tell the people you have all manner of plans fully in place to handle tens of thousands of sick people. All these years after 911 and SaRs, one must surely have a plan in place for extensive loss of life or illness

State it and back it up with proof. Read my comments in the corronavirus page about how dumb we sound on simple plane evacuation. It’s dumb statements about examining options on simple tasks that make people believe fake news, rumors....

In a business situation, one would be canned if they came to the table with this absence of answers and a clear plan. Geese bob, no ones buying our product and we haven’t the a clue why not but don’t worry, stocks and income will stay up. Steve’s got it under control

Wouldn’t knock trump to fast, they stated today they are looking at closing border. Should have already happened with China but maybe we were under pressure to allow the rich or well connected out? If yanks do it, will we follow or can officials say that there’s no reason why and here it is, or will it be we are monitoring the situation, blah blah. I would have confidence in that IF they demonstrated that other things were all in place. Not a matter of national security to state we have beds for thousands and the planes to fly people to them. Should be easy thing to do for a nation like us. Seeing as we can’t manage to get enough fire bombers for fires that have been occurring since I can ember, it’s hard to believe they have facilities for thousands but call me a skeptic :cry:

Anyways, I am backing out of this debate, we will simply need to see what happens in the next week or so with number of cases. People can believe we are in good shape or not. Personal decisions

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Post by thecrownsown » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:09 pm

helicopilot wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:39 am
What intel are you looking for Clarence? The internet is plastered with CORONAVIRUS headlines, more or less all reporting the same thing. Including pictures of empty streets and Chinese officials suited up in hazmat gear. For the records, I see no points of opening the old common prepper rhetoric that "MSMs are hiding the truth!" and President Trump's own outcries of "Fake News!" whenever the message isn't popular (to him).
this seems like a measured approach. stay informed, and dont add to the hype or rhetoric of the situation. works for me.
https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

helicopilot
Canada

Post by helicopilot » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:27 pm

Clarence, you have great questions, but I would certainly not like the genuine answers the government would provide. And frankly, there is probably a lot of unknown. Investigations into “where did this guy travel and who was on his plane” (and how to contact everyone of them - and then their own entourages) is likely not something that happens by the time the 6 o clock news roll. By the time the info may be available, a celebrity dies somewhere and the media attention is turned to this.

The other point is that the government isn’t prepared! It’s reacting, at best. Paying for people to self quarantine would take money away from more important matter, like paying $25M to a former Guantanamo inmate, or removing legal firearms from legal owners... The concept that the Canadian Army could help citizens everywhere in the country is ridiculous. Canadians have decided it didn’t want an Armed Force, and decided to keep the size small, underfund it, under equip it, etc. There are what, about 60K soldiers across all Canada and maybe what, 15K militia? Of those 75,000 there are what 1000 generals and other seniors who wouldn’t be “handing out steaks” to people. How many soldiers per Sq KM or per Canadian does that leave?

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:40 pm

helicopilot wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:27 pm
Clarence, you have great questions, but I would certainly not like the genuine answers the government would provide. And frankly, there is probably a lot of unknown. Investigations into “where did this guy travel and who was on his plane” (and how to contact everyone of them - and then their own entourages) is likely not something that happens by the time the 6 o clock news roll. By the time the info may be available, a celebrity dies somewhere and the media attention is turned to this.

The other point is that the government isn’t prepared! It’s reacting, at best. Paying for people to self quarantine would take money away from more important matter, like paying $25M to a former Guantanamo inmate, or removing legal firearms from legal owners... The concept that the Canadian Army could help citizens everywhere in the country is ridiculous. Canadians have decided it didn’t want an Armed Force, and decided to keep the size small, underfund it, under equip it, etc. There are what, about 60K soldiers across all Canada and maybe what, 15K militia? Of those 75,000 there are what 1000 generals and other seniors who wouldn’t be “handing out steaks” to people. How many soldiers per Sq KM or per Canadian does that leave?
Lol. Yes we do indeed have lots of money for inmates in gitmo. lol. Lots of money for hotel bill of refuges... but none for crucial issues. Both of us understand readiness levels and expressed in sarcastic fashion is needed. I just hope people understand, the cavalry isn’t coming for them in a serious event. The average citizen gets all excited and for some reason impressed with the military showing up 3,5,10 days into some emergency and think it’s great and imagine they will get that high level of response ( lol) all the time.

No I think I have a good idea on how far up the creek we are and will be.

So this is last comment on the Netflix series segment. Crown posted the link to the Netflix series and if new, to the concept, people should watch and try and interpret or fit into their situation. The big takeaway is perhaps the scope of an emergency and thinking about what one knows about current hospital patient loads, people stacked up in hallways when there is zero emergencies going on. People then need to ask themselves, what would it look like if there were hundreds to easily tens of thousand more in a city of a million or four million! Staff will also be sick or staying home to help family members

All the best to everyone and see you in other posts.

thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada

Post by thecrownsown » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:46 pm

The second episode of the Pandemic series touches on the anti vaccination movement in the USA. As people line up and travel for miles in Africa to get vaccinated and things like Measles and Whooping cough become eradicated... these infections are starting to make a come back and infect large swaths of areas in America.

Its interesting that the argument has been framed around personal rights whether to vaccinate vs. the public good. The anti vaxxer movement cites personal freedom of choice and the state shouldnt have the right to tell them what to do. Which is often an argument and isnt without merit. However the use of public schools without being vaccinated puts other kids at risk...so what should govern. Unfortunately, the Science and evidence is overwhelmingly in support of vaccinations...but that gets sidelined. I wonder how and why the anti vaxxer movement gained any traction...its like the flat earth movement, and so many other weird and odd things that seem to gain a following.
https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:23 pm

Here’s one brave new world tool in action. Hilarious but very creepy and our future?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

Return to “General Preparedness”