homeopathic treatments

Discussions about Dental, Medical, Fitness and Mental Health
User avatar
CanCricket
Canada
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 11:12 pm
Location: Victoria

Re: homeopathic treatments

Post by CanCricket »

thecrownsown wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:26 pm
Clarence wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:47 am Crownsown, yep, no point in arguing.

Let’s us know whether you think the people in the movie I recommended are flat earthers and lizard people. Be interesting to learn your opinion. I think that According to your math, they would be? Because there is no math or logic that the average scientist can access, those people “seeing” things must by default be nuts.

Just remember, if you say they are nuts, your saying that just about every world leader, their top intelligence people, respected scientists, engineers, doctors... for past few thousand years are all bonkers. If you say that while you are unable to “remote see”, you do believe it’s real, you may fall into the trap of agreeing with homeopathy. Sorry to box you into that conundrum but you leave me little choice. Not everything is provable with some of the math or other tools that the average person has at their disposal. The saying “gut hunch” isn’t for nothing, but to understand the value to that would require the study of di Vinci’s “ Vitruvian man”
Lots of really weird mysteries that to most minds simply do not add up but they do indeed.

ask a doctor, nurse or cop if they see an influx of crazies on a full moon. no mathematical explanation on what drives people to murder, injure or other bursts of odd ball activity during certain phases but it sure does occur. Good luck on getting a thousand scientists to agree on the cause for that, yet I think we all know it exists.

Do let us know if the theme to the movie is bonkers.

Prepping isn’t just buying or growing stuff, it’s also about “reading or seeing” a situation or storm clouds developing and the more we keep an open mind the better we have of seeing a path to surviving

Cheers
actually there are studies into full moon and rise in rates of "crazies." and there is no correlation or causation. and there is no spike when the data is compiled. there are instances where it occurs as part of a statistical anomoly. these are anecdotal experiences. its the difference between anecdotal evidence (when you say "ask a doctor or nurse" ) and then compiling all the actual evidence to see there isnt a spike. thats what statistics and mathematics is clarence. this isnt controversial stuff. its actually grade 12 mathematics. all math does is quantify the reality around us...and its not a challenge or an opinion.

as for the rest of what you're saying....i dont even know how to respond anymore to you so im going to stop permanently. this isnt out of anger...but instead because its fruitless. It brings to mind the last posting you ranted about not "believing" ior it was all political wrt 100 or 50 year storms or however you worded it...(im a civil engineer..so when you stated watershed and storm management was political or however you ranted....i knew what i was dealing with....and seeing how you respond to most posts i know you're not interested in knowing over protecting already fromed opinions...which is truly saddening because you are definitely inquisitive...)

google is not synonymous with research.
I find it frightening that people actually believe in this nonsense. I left this forum for years because of the number of crazies here. Sadly, it seems to go hand in hand with prepping, which is really frustrating. The number of people who will happily believe in woo, with no evidence whatsoever to back it up, while completely ignoring science is frightening. It really is a mental illness and they can’t see how irrational it really is. I don’t even engage with people like this anymore.


thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:27 pm
Location: SW Ontario, ON

Re: homeopathic treatments

Post by thecrownsown »

CanCricket wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:33 am
thecrownsown wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:26 pm
Clarence wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:47 am Crownsown, yep, no point in arguing.

Let’s us know whether you think the people in the movie I recommended are flat earthers and lizard people. Be interesting to learn your opinion. I think that According to your math, they would be? Because there is no math or logic that the average scientist can access, those people “seeing” things must by default be nuts.

Just remember, if you say they are nuts, your saying that just about every world leader, their top intelligence people, respected scientists, engineers, doctors... for past few thousand years are all bonkers. If you say that while you are unable to “remote see”, you do believe it’s real, you may fall into the trap of agreeing with homeopathy. Sorry to box you into that conundrum but you leave me little choice. Not everything is provable with some of the math or other tools that the average person has at their disposal. The saying “gut hunch” isn’t for nothing, but to understand the value to that would require the study of di Vinci’s “ Vitruvian man”
Lots of really weird mysteries that to most minds simply do not add up but they do indeed.

ask a doctor, nurse or cop if they see an influx of crazies on a full moon. no mathematical explanation on what drives people to murder, injure or other bursts of odd ball activity during certain phases but it sure does occur. Good luck on getting a thousand scientists to agree on the cause for that, yet I think we all know it exists.

Do let us know if the theme to the movie is bonkers.

Prepping isn’t just buying or growing stuff, it’s also about “reading or seeing” a situation or storm clouds developing and the more we keep an open mind the better we have of seeing a path to surviving

Cheers
actually there are studies into full moon and rise in rates of "crazies." and there is no correlation or causation. and there is no spike when the data is compiled. there are instances where it occurs as part of a statistical anomoly. these are anecdotal experiences. its the difference between anecdotal evidence (when you say "ask a doctor or nurse" ) and then compiling all the actual evidence to see there isnt a spike. thats what statistics and mathematics is clarence. this isnt controversial stuff. its actually grade 12 mathematics. all math does is quantify the reality around us...and its not a challenge or an opinion.

as for the rest of what you're saying....i dont even know how to respond anymore to you so im going to stop permanently. this isnt out of anger...but instead because its fruitless. It brings to mind the last posting you ranted about not "believing" ior it was all political wrt 100 or 50 year storms or however you worded it...(im a civil engineer..so when you stated watershed and storm management was political or however you ranted....i knew what i was dealing with....and seeing how you respond to most posts i know you're not interested in knowing over protecting already fromed opinions...which is truly saddening because you are definitely inquisitive...)

google is not synonymous with research.
I find it frightening that people actually believe in this nonsense. I left this forum for years because of the number of crazies here. Sadly, it seems to go hand in hand with prepping, which is really frustrating. The number of people who will happily believe in woo, with no evidence whatsoever to back it up, while completely ignoring science is frightening. It really is a mental illness and they can’t see how irrational it really is. I don’t even engage with people like this anymore.
Clarence has left the forum. Take heart...typically that type dont last long anywhere when someone challenges their cognitive bias with some simple reality. They move onto the next forum where hopefully they find a social echo chamber and a place to call home in comfort. reality and truth be damned. In the end he made no sense. Just rhetoric and political rants.

Psuedo Science, psuedo medicine, etc. is becoming more prevalent with online social media. But it can be countered. Education systems are starting to veer back towards critical thought and logic. Training students to differentiate between authentic references and not.

Overall, compared to other preparedness sites, IPN has a lot of good and factual information in a lot of areas.
https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738
User avatar
Denob
Site Admin
Canada
Posts: 2900
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:35 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada
Contact:

Re: homeopathic treatments

Post by Denob »

I think part of the problem here might be a misunderstanding of terms. Homeopathy is often confused with other medical terms such as "natural" or "herbal". While there are studies and research that indicate many natural or herbal remedies are helpful, homeopathy is a completely different story.
Homeopaths believe that a substance that causes symptoms of disease in healthy people can be used to cure those same symptoms in sick people. The best (or perhaps worst) example I can come up with would be cigarette smoking causing lung cancer in heathy people, but curing lung cancer in those that already have it. Of course, anyone can see the problem with this, and although that may be an extreme example, it is the basis of homeopathy.

Homeopathy was first conceived around the end of the 1700's...a time when heroin was given to children to cure a cough. Of course it goes without saying that this is no longer a common practice! On the other hand, natural and herbal remedies are still widely used today. How many of us treat a cough with a warm mixture of honey and lemon juice? I know I do!

Certain natural and herbal remedies are now and will continue to be included in my medical "tool kit", but homeopaty? Not a chance.
thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:27 pm
Location: SW Ontario, ON

Re: homeopathic treatments

Post by thecrownsown »

Evidence based science and technology makes no differentiation between natural and whatever the buzz word is for the the alternative.

Half of all pharmaceuticals today come from extracts directly from the environment around us. Perhaps this is a definition of natural. Everything is chemicals. It is the body of Science to understand how things work.
https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738
User avatar
Grouchyprepper
Canada
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:03 am
Location: Southern Ontario
Contact:

Re: homeopathic treatments

Post by Grouchyprepper »

Elderberry extract in vodka.Echinacea extract in vodka,Elderberry and Echinacea.
Salve made with Calendula,Plantain and Comfrey. All home made.
An assortment of store bought preventive extracts.
Takes a couple of months to make but its fun.
love home made Elderberry syrup with honey.
Attachments
SANY0314.JPG
SANY0314.JPG (58.3 KiB) Viewed 192 times
thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:27 pm
Location: SW Ontario, ON

Re: homeopathic treatments

Post by thecrownsown »

Well....The Vodka should certainly give a pleasant affect. :)
https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738
User avatar
Grouchyprepper
Canada
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:03 am
Location: Southern Ontario
Contact:

Re: homeopathic treatments

Post by Grouchyprepper »

3 to 4 drops under the tongue has no effect on me :( maybe my cats would.
I have been making herbal extracts for years (10 maybe).
it's reasonable cheap and rewarding.
I highly recommend elderberry syrup as a cold preventative.
1 or 2 tsp a day, taste great and the kids would not turn there nose up at it.
thecrownsown
Topic Leader
Canada
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:27 pm
Location: SW Ontario, ON

Re: homeopathic treatments

Post by thecrownsown »

Do you have any evidence that this works. Like..other then anecdotal.

Perhaps a double blind clinical trial, or something along those lines. :)
https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738
User avatar
Grouchyprepper
Canada
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:03 am
Location: Southern Ontario
Contact:

Re: homeopathic treatments

Post by Grouchyprepper »

I am not a doctor and I do not play one on tv.
Have not had a cold in 5 years or more that I remember.
Stuff works for me ...all that counts in my neck of the woods.
(All Grouchpreppers comments are for entertainment purposes only.)
consult a physician for all medical needs.
Post Reply

Return to “Health”