TGIF ~ Disarming Technology ~

(Radio's), (GPS), (Faraday Cages), (Other Technology)
Screedcrete

Re: Disarming Technology

Post by Screedcrete »

I would highly suggest that one need learn to be without it period. You cannot disarm something like that. I have coworkers that can turn on my camera on my desktop at home. Whatever happened to relying on our instincts? Does anyone even remember how instincts even got to be? Would you not be changing things that are taking away or should we say "evolving" our instincts to electronics? Think about this for a second. What happens to a platoon when communication is lost? What happens to a copper with no radio? What happens to a trucker with no GPS? What happens when the power goes out at home? Ill tell ya what happens bro,… we go manual.

Wanna be a leg up on everyone else? Take a step back and go old school. Doing things the hard way becomes easy when you do it enough, learn from it enough, and fight through the barriers enough. Thats evolving. Toss an electronic device in ones hands and watch the change in what happens. Its completely funny!

I have been out with different kinds of personas. We have hiked, climbed, traversed, built, scoured, tracked, gathered, plotted, discovered, failed, and planned some more. The techies are fine for,.. well,… not much! They read an article on a blog and think its the only answer. Maybe its the best answer "their" device has given them. Maybe they even went so far as to DECIDE from the device on their own power, whats the best scenario out of the possibilities "according to the device" But I assure you the device is not standing where you are in the present moment. Its nuts and bolts, wires and diodes, plastic and mercury, and yes it is PRE PROGRAMMED! Do you really think in your heart this device will tell you what berry is the poison berry and which is good to eat? Will it tell you, and would you honestly follow instruction from a preprogrammed set of parameters installed on a mass scale to gather sheep for the final harvest by literally walking you down a path? Trust me. Those gadgets will fail you before your intended time. I witnessed such an account myself personally where a prospective group individual tried telling me something and I KNEW it was a lie by the device of technology. I knew it for a fact and woulda been proven in a court of law that I was so right just by the device itself….

Needless to say I now take this person for a liar. They could have and should have come clean especially when I told him I knew otherwise. The relationship soon began to fall apart of course because I fully believe this individual knew I was right. Understands Im not a wing nut and begun backing away and rightfully so. I side NOT with liars and cheaters. I side not with fork tounges and people whom have an agenda.

The device failed them, and prospered me and Im quite thankful for that. This same individual then proved on their own accord that they really ARE an advantage taker by other means.

Using devices puts all eyes on you. If your into that go ahead. A lot need the comfort as they are NOT willing to do the work involved, and using a device simply means your the type that NEEDS a device. Its your call but let me say this,… when you call,.. a lot are listening, watching and setting you up. Happened to me once. Lets just say I have evolved as well,…. and its old school for this cat. I challenge ANYONE to new school vrs old school.

Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! ;)
Knuckle

Post by Knuckle »

It's funny that as I read Sceedcrete's comments that I find myself cheering for both sides...that doesn't happen often! Maybe I haven't bought a GPS for the bush as yet because I have too many compasses and maps...maybe I'm stuck in old school mode on this issue as I am comfortable and trusting when using these old tools too for much of my life.

Yet I own a GPS in my truck and rely on it whenever I go to the city. Many of my friends that have trapped her for over 20-30 years now rely on GPS's to locate their traps today, but don't yet own a cell phone. And yet 2 of them were cursing the other day because they cut trail for 2 miles in the wrong direction because they forgot to punch in new coordinates after stopping for lunch....bet that wouldn't have happened with just a compass.

Yet I could see a GPS being used to mark deadheads (underwater logs that float close to the surface) so tourists don't wreck the props on your boats. In other words, they are good and bads to everything. Don't expect one without the other. Many like the convenience of the cellphone. Where I live, there are few towers and you might have to walk a few miles until your within reach of a signal, but it could still save your butt if you broke down. Though they can't triangulate on you with cell towers in this area(as their all in a straight line up the 1 road only), the GPS signal would still sell you out. If you have the toys, just know their limits! If they break, be sure to know how to get along without them. Many of us old buggers have lived far longer without them than with them, so this shouldn't be an issue for us, but our kids are lacking in this area big time.

I'm betting the internet would sell us out long before anything else would. You ready to give that up right now too? Unlikely as I am not either. But if you have the tool, you should then learn how not to leave a trail of crumbs for others to follow you to your doorstep, just to be safe!
Screedcrete

Post by Screedcrete »

I agree wholeheartedly. LOL I see it that way as well for sure ^^
Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! ;)

Return to “Communication & Tech”