Driveway Alarm

Discussions about Security and Defense
Learner
Canada

Re: Driveway Alarm

Post by Learner » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:05 pm

Very nice dog peppercorn and lucky you to have lucked into a dog with that disposition.

Since we live in a village, we have a small dog (a chihuahua type). She is getting older now, but follows me all over the yard and picks a spot to sit or lay and watches and guards while working outside. She moves around here and there, but stays close and in the yard and warns if someone or something is coming close.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Wed May 13, 2020 6:12 am

farmgal wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:07 pm

He will be earning his kibble lol They are a handful.. that is one of the reason's I love having a middle aged dog to help train them.. (well if they are well trained themselves of course)
You are sure right about that, having a older dog around has really helped with training. Only had one dog at a time before, but now after seeing how the older one leads the younger, I have to say this has made my job easier.
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Wed May 20, 2020 6:21 am

The pup is adjusting to his new home and I to him. Nothing goes past my house now without him giving attitude. He has just gotten big enough that he can hop (sometimes) in to my truck without help.
sleepy dog 2.jpg
sleepy dog 2.jpg (117.39 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

peppercorn

Post by peppercorn » Fri May 22, 2020 3:22 am

I decided to check and see if my pups brother was still available, to my surprise when I checked the shelters web site, every pup was adopted, not just that, most of the older dogs as well, I have never seen that before, and I say that as someone who has gotten dogs since roughly 1990 from the shelters. Good for the dogs! I guess with people staying at home, many must have thought it a good time to get a pet and train it up before they have to go back to work.

farmgal
Canada

Post by farmgal » Mon May 25, 2020 11:07 pm

I am so happy for your pup and for all the pups that got new homes, that is wonderful news and I am glad to read that your well trained older dog is helping train up the pup, the same is happening here.. love the photo.. what a cute pie.. but good for him on being a natural alerting dog..
http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

Return to “Security and Defense”