Home defense

Discussions about Security and Defense
Wayne
Canada

Re: Home defense

Post by Wayne »

Hi Turnip,

Just a couple of comments on what you've written:

1. Regardless of the situation, shooting anyone is employing the use of deadly force. This may be legally justified only if it was reasonable for you to believe that your life (or the life of another) was in immediate danger.

Your idea of shooting a shotgun on the ground immediately before the target is a good one. In-fact Police are trained in the benefits of such a low shot. This is especially effective in dispersing people (particularly if they are on gravel or dirt) as stones and debris are scattered adding additional projectiles.

2. Dogs are effective for early warning. They offer little consequence to an armed breacher. As a tactical team assaulter, I've taken out attack dogs on several occasions with the use of a firearm or knife without issue. Interestingly enough, their use is common in drug labs and motorcycle gang clubhouses. There's a good chance that you have to deal with a dog in a police raid.

As I suspect that you are already aware, the owner of the dog may be held criminally and civilly responsible for the dog's actions. Signs of warning often afford little protection to the owner. Just saying...

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.
squizzy
Austria

Post by squizzy »

This works for me :)
NOTICE
SHIFT WORKER SLEEPING
PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB
helicopilot
Canada

Post by helicopilot »

squizzy wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:14 am This works for me :)
NOTICE
SHIFT WORKER SLEEPING
PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB
Interesting. While that would prevent unexpected disturbances, I suspect your goal is to leave would-be perpetrators wonder if there might be someone home?

Return to “Security and Defense”