ATV or 4WD

(Wilderness/Urban Survival), (BOB/BOL/INCH/ETC), (Shelters)
Clarence
Canada

ATV or 4WD

Post by Clarence » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:17 pm

When deep in the bush, one has limited access to tools etc and must find alternatives to get out of trouble and keep moving.

I never had an atv radiator overheat due to mud or swamp debris but while out on atv runs with people, I have seen it occur about once a year. The guys will take a water bottle or six of them and put a tiny hole in the cap with their pocket knife “awl”

Then you squeeze the bottle and aim the tiny stream of water at muddy radiator to de clog it. Seen it work and help people keep going.

Something to keep in mind for a truck if ever needing to use some real rough muddy or swamp grass trails.

Another item people carry is a mini toy water gun. Just a simple hand piston pump they can use to squirt water at the rad

Clarence
Canada

Re: ATV or 4WD

Post by Clarence » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:08 pm

Perhaps should be under what did you get this week, but figure easier to reference here.

The need to have oil, air, fuel filters as well as spark plugs. A little week on some of these myself so topping up this week.

Obviously, the same applies to all vehicles or motor operated devices we may need more then ever one day.

IF, coronovirus does grow long legs, supply chain will likely shrink, so no time like the present to review ones needs and wants. So pitter patter get at er

Denob
Site Admin
Canada

Post by Denob » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:40 pm

Clarence wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:08 pm
Perhaps should be under what did you get this week, but figure easier to reference here.

The need to have oil, air, fuel filters as well as spark plugs. A little week on some of these myself so topping up this week.

Obviously, the same applies to all vehicles or motor operated devices we may need more then ever one day.

IF, coronovirus does grow long legs, supply chain will likely shrink, so no time like the present to review ones needs and wants. So pitter patter get at er
That's a really good point.
We've already seen a run on PPE items, but what about the highly relied on Chinese supply chain?
With the number of infections over there growing and the lockdowns on travel, one would think that production in China is going to suffer at some point, which could cause shortages of other things here.

Clarence
Canada

Post by Clarence » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:48 am

Denob wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:40 pm
Clarence wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:08 pm

That's a really good point.
We've already seen a run on PPE items, but what about the highly relied on Chinese supply chain?
With the number of infections over there growing and the lockdowns on travel, one would think that production in China is going to suffer at some point, which could cause shortages of other things here.
Yah, I would imagine we will start to see some shortages. It only stands to reason one would. This has to be hurting them. What a bloody mess .

Without going off my gourde, I go over what I have and may need or want to keep mechanical things functional.

Nagol
Canada

Post by Nagol » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:29 pm

China’s gdp is already assumed to have taken a 5% hit.
It will probably be worse than that but they don’t have an option. The optics on letting this hit the global stage without an over the top reaction would have been worse. What we’re seeing is damage control for both the virus and political favour.

Return to “Survive and Thrive”