The most realistic blackout breakdown ive ever seen!

Use this place to post links to prepper related sites.
Give a brief description and the link.
Please no self advertising here!
Protector
Canada

Re: The most realistic blackout breakdown ive ever seen!

Post by Protector » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:11 am

I could see Ppl having my place as a BOL in a SHTF or TEOTWAWKI situation as its location is very low population/ lots of land/ more self sustaining than most (2600+ft in garden beds/ chickens, rabbits, seasonally quail/ firewood for multiple years/ on the out squirts of a very small town that got electricity less than 80 years ago based on farming/ Wild game/ foraging/ metal roof and well. If that was your plan I would expect one leave more than a cache. Caches will not be touched unless we're are dying and need what's in it. I doubt that would happen within 6 months to a year if not more. I'd welcome you to do the same with my cache as long as you like me replace it asap. fun times to be a prepper on this forum! Already got one possible taker :D

Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:30 pm

Thanks Protector. It's good to see that there're still people who care about others. Ultimately, long-term survival will depend on many hands working together. I'm on the East Coast, but have 140 acres of family property in Espanola. I have three sons in their early 30's who are all extremely fit and I expect that they will do the heavy lifting. At 65 I'm not at my peak, but can pull my weight in a survive in the bush with only a knife and 20 feet of snare-wire kind of way. :-)

We all will need others. The psychological dynamic will require that everyone can get along and endure the hardship that is sure to come. I agree that family is the most important thing and it's the corner stone of my survival plan.
None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

Protector
Canada

Post by Protector » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Lucky to have older kids! Your set with wives and grandkids. I'm within a reasonable distance to Espanola and 65yrs old that like to teach are my favorite people! :D I got 4. The oldest is 13 so she helps us a lot! Funny thing is the youngest at 7 works the hardest but the others all have cool traits too. I'd definitely be willing to meet up if your in the Espanola area. My prepper buddie got family in blind river so maybe he'd. Come too! PM me whenever you plan on visiting. Also good grand parents help grandkids be raised right and that ensures the survival/ happiness of the next generation. I wish my dad was on board like you. Takes a lot of weight of having life experience lead a delicate thing such as preparedness

Wayne wrote:Thanks Protector. It's good to see that there're still people who care about others. Ultimately, long-term survival will depend on many hands working together. I'm on the East Coast, but have 140 acres of family property in Espanola. I have three sons in their early 30's who are all extremely fit and I expect that they will do the heavy lifting. At 65 I'm not at my peak, but can pull my weight in a survive in the bush with only a knife and 20 feet of snare-wire kind of way. :-)

We all will need others. The psychological dynamic will require that everyone can get along and endure the hardship that is sure to come. I agree that family is the most important thing and it's the corner stone of my survival plan.

Wayne
Canada

Post by Wayne » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:32 pm

Protector wrote: Lucky to have older kids! Your set with wives and grandkids...
Yes, but at times this can be a mixed blessing. My experience has shown that I couldn't live with my first wife, so I wouldn't expect my parents too. :-) This time it's great (going on 35 years)!
Protector wrote:...I got 4. The oldest is 13 so she helps us a lot! Funny thing is the youngest at 7 works the hardest but the others all have cool traits too.
Sounds like you've got yourself a wonderful family.
Protector wrote: I'd definitely be willing to meet up if your in the Espanola area. My prepper buddie got family in blind river so maybe he'd. Come too! PM me whenever you plan on visiting.
I don't get to Ontario very often nowadays, but if I do I'll make it a point to send you a PM.
Protector wrote: ...Also good grand parents help grandkids be raised right and that ensures the survival/ happiness of the next generation. I wish my dad was on board like you. Takes a lot of weight of having life experience lead a delicate thing such as preparedness

I agree. My youngest son had two boys. Their Mom had mental issues, so he had custody. He's with the Navy and is often at sea, so my wife and I have been raising them (ages 8 and 12) and are their legal guardians. Life never seems to get dull; when you think that you'll be able to relax in retirement, BAM your a Dad again! LOL Well at least I have a purpose in life. I'm a family kinda guy, so it's all good... :-)
None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

Return to “Prepper Links”