New Member Introductions

Please take a few moments to read over the Code Of Conduct and then go ahead and introduce yourself to the forum.
Freedom65

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Freedom65 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:30 am

Denob wrote:Please introduce yourself to our other members here.
Hi guys Paul is my name and I live in the annapolis valley in N.S I see the need to get self reliant. Just looking to see how you do it. Paul

Kingscounty

Post by Kingscounty » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:37 am

23 from southern New Brunswick , just hoping I'm not alone on thinking that prepping is the smartest thing to do in a world like this , hoping to meet some like minded people! Grew up farming now work out west fly in fly out. Hopefully not out west when shtf!

metzerr

Post by metzerr » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi All, Glad to be here, been "prepping" for a short period of time, I look forward to learning from you.

b_bunn

Post by b_bunn » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:51 am

Hello to all,
I just joined this site as a way of learning more about prepping. I'm an avid outdoorsman, hunter, and camper. I've grown up around scouting (my Dad was a scout leader) and prepping (also my Dad). Now that I have a small family I am making sure we are taken care of. Glad to have found this group and hope to be able to network with other preppers in my area.

b_bunn

Jackie gunn

Post by Jackie gunn » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:25 am

Denob wrote:Please introduce yourself to our other members here.
Hello from the mid Vancouver island area, I'm a single father of 3, children , they are my main reason for prepping. I'm pleased to connect with other preppers in the area, and all over. To share ideas, and hopefully meet others Like minded and awake. I look forward to joining in the forum.
Thanks for letting me join .
Jackie gunn.

Mahikan

Post by Mahikan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:35 am

Hi all just joined today I live in the Canadian Rockies, I have a lifetime of outdoor and survival training behind me though I was particularly impressed by the site and the knowledge of all the folks out there. Looking forward to learning lots more as we all know that you never get to know everything.

Cryptodruid

Post by Cryptodruid » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Hey everyone,

New registrant though I have wandered here a few times before. My name is Jay I am a 30 year old water quality professional with backgrounds in civil/environmental and mechanical engineering. I am an experienced hunter/survivalist/outdoorsman and a former paramedic.

My wife and I are looking to connect with like-minded individuals to network with, share ideas, and possibly come together as a community. I hope to get to know everyone here in short order and become a valued member of the IPN.

Cheers

BallisticPrepper

Post by BallisticPrepper » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:37 am

Hello, ontario prepper here. Hope to find these forums useful. My food supply is growing, not as well as my ammo supply.

Mrclean2005

Post by Mrclean2005 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:48 pm

Hello from Sask, Regina area.

Any other sask people I'll be starting a post in the provincial area if you wanna network.

Cheers all

Bnhucker

Post by Bnhucker » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:17 am

I really don't have the patience to be a lurker before joining! Heqd first is more my style :D

I'm in Grey County, Ontario. I'm sure there are like minded individuals in my area - bug out shelters too - I just haven't managed to find anyone and end up looking nuts!

Living in the resentfully yet accurately named 'snowbelt region' I guess I've always been a prepper of sorts. My freezer is ready for the roads to be closed a few days, my car is packed should I be stuck at work a few days, we have a woodstove that is great for making coffee during power outages... Until this year I would've considered that smart, not labeled it as 'prepping. But January 1st of this year I was overwhelmed with the feeling of certainty that something bad was going to happen this year. I started looking into emergency preparedness and found this other world of prepping. After evaluating our lives I realized that we have very few survival skills.

I'm not ready to build a bunker or stash 20 years worth of food, but I am looking at moving toward self reliance and learning survival/pioneer skills. I sew and can. I'm learning about herbs and making staples like vinegar and lye. I'm currently building an aquaponics unit for my kitchen. My family isn't really on board - I think they believe I'm going to make them wear tinfoil hats - but we are looking at going as a family to get our PAL.

Return to “New Members Start Here”